Apple doesn't tell their employees anything

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ralts, Sep 3, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Here's the chat log I had with an Apple "Expert".

It was pretty funny, the person must have been AFK or really busy for the first 10 minutes or so. But at least she didn't give a dumb answer like "The new iPod doesn't have RAM". :p

Why do you think Apple isn't even telling their employees when the new iPod's will be available? :confused:

2. macrumors regular

The employees are given the same information they publish online, so it's not surprising that they don't know.

Although it is surprising that the new iPod touch will be able to take HDR photos. I had assumed that it wasn't going to have that feature, but I guess I was wrong!

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

That's true, but since she knew it was HDR capable and it doesn't say that anywhere online, then they must have some other source of information. Unless she was just assuming the iPt4 has it because the iPhone 4/iOS 4 has it.

I wonder when we'll know the release date, because I don't want to make a trip to the Apple store just to find out they don't have them. Also, do any of you know how fast the iPod touch's usually sell out?

4. macrumors G5

Consultant

FAIL. Apple does NOT list RAM of iOS devices.

Apple employees gets the official information, and if Apple does not list RAM, they can't tell you how much it has. Duh!

5. macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

Actually, the FAIL goes to Apple for not supplying the RAM specs on the new iPod Touch.

Saying we don't list RAM specs for i devices is not a good reason to not list RAM specs on i devices. That's just silly.