Apple dollar bill project.

Discussion in 'Community' started by MetallicPenguin, Sep 1, 2003.

1. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

Okay, I've got an idea.

Write the word Apple on a couple of dollar bills. Then post the code on the dollar in this thread (it's the code that is written twice on front of the bill).

If someone gets hold of another bill with that number on it, he will quote that persons post and tell us that he has it and where he is located.

Then you spend that dollar and on and on. Eventually you can track the Apple Dollars across the country (or across the street).

I think this would make a good web site. Appledollars.com

lol

2. MetallicPenguin thread starter macrumors 6502

Here come some:

E 93851153 F

G 23700298 A

E 55043397 H

G 82042306 B

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

You got this idea from the journals that that site sent out across the world, didn't you? Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

It has the potential to be cool but i'm guessing that it would just fizzle into nothing, and be a big waste of time. But it is an interesting idea :).

scem0

4. MetallicPenguin thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what you're talking about...my brother I think said something about a kind of dollar bill type of thing like what I'm talking about, but it's probably gone by now and I can't remember what it was called.

And then I also kind of got the idea from a movie called Serendipity (or however it was spelled)

5. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Another Idea

Myabe you should include the URL for this forum on your inscription. It seems more likely that some random person would get one and come here than one of the .00000000001% percent of the people in the country who regularly reads this stuff, at least in a short timeframe.

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I'll try to find the site real quick (altough this isn't my computer, so I might not be able to).

ah - found it! Its called the 1,000 journal project.. I think it is an awesome idea.

I'm suprised the journals aren't destroyed :eek: ;).

scem0

7. MetallicPenguin thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: Another Idea

Should I put the thread address or just the forum?

Well actually it probably be hard to write it on there, I'm writing Apple pretty small, and it'd be fun to just have it more challenging.

Or instead of having Apple, we could just have the thread address.

PS: Oh, that's pretty cool scem0.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm thinking that this thread will never get a response, and disappear with the other threads. :(

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Of course it will...

I'm going to rub some smells on my dollars bills, when you get them tell me what the money smells like.

Chances are the brown stripe is what you think it is. :rolleyes:

10. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

the idea itself is faulty...as soon as the money goes thru a bank, the bank is supposed to submit any faulty money (writing, torn, and mangled) for destruction....kind of a dumb idea when those are the rules....sure some things get thru but eventually the money probably won't last.

11. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

12. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

you guys are so cheap, let's use $100 bills instead...

the numbers are...uhm...doh !