Apple DOS Compatibility Card

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Diffused Mind™, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Diffused Mind™ macrumors newbie

I've got an old 6100/66 DOS Compatible and i'm trying to install Windows 95 on it. It's the card with the 486DX2 (66Mhz) and 16MB of PC RAM (Mac has 72MB). However, once I install, it hangs on the "Getting ready to run Windows 95 for the first time..." screen. I let it run and eventually, it says 'Bad sector reading drive C: Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail". If I hit A, it tells me it's safe to shut down my PC. If I hit retry, well, it goes back into it's cycle. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this thing work?

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

IIRC that card is not Windows 95 (or later for that matter :D ) compatible.

Win 3.11 is the "ultimate OS" for it :p

I assume you're just having fun with this stuff, so maybe you can find an older PCI Power Mac.
    There was a PCI version of a Pentium (166 MHz I thought it was) card for Power Macs which could run Win 95.

3. Forced Perfect macrumors 6502

Forced Perfect

There are two versions of the PCI version, one is 12 inches and the other is 7. 3rd party companies made versions that were faster (I think you could get a 400 MHz version.) I don't think any are even close to being X compatible.

http://www.forcedperfect.net/10012pccompatcard/

For the record, Windows 98 will run on them. However, I don't think they are compatible with any 32-bit OS (NT, XP, etc)