Apple DVD player will no longer autoplay DVD Movies - help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jfig24, Jun 7, 2006.

1. jfig24 macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    Hi all,

The DVD Player on my Mac Book Pro will no longer autoplay movies whenever I insert them into the computer. The DVD's are mounted on the desktop, but they don't autoplay. They did autoplay in the past though. Recently I installed Popcorn 2 so I am wondering if that is causing the problem. I also have Toast 7 Titanium installed. Anyone know how I can reset the DVD player so it autoplays again? I have the option to "autoplay disc when they are inserted" checked in the preferences. I also used Pacifist to reinstall the DVD Player app from the Tiger disc but problem still exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    Reinstall .plist?

repair permissions, have you done a restart?
  3. jfig24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    I'm a windows guy who is new to the mac....can you explain what .plist is and how I reinstall it? How do I repair permissions? BTW, I have done a restart and the discs still wouldn't autoplay after the restart.
  4. x86 macrumors regular

May 25, 2006
    Dearborn, MI
    Look around in your system preferences, there should be an option to automatically start <insert application here> when a DVD/Blank CD / etc is inserted.
  5. jfig24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    thanks x86!! That worked! The option to autoplay DVD's was set to ignore. I'm still learning my way around the Mac so I didn't even think to look in there. Thank you so much!