Apple DVI to Video Adaptor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by what?, Jun 30, 2006.

1. what? macrumors newbie

Hi, i've had an apple dvi to video adaptor for about 5 months. I've got a power mac g5 dual 1.8 with an ATI 9600 128mb ram graphics card.

The dvi adapter has never worked properly with my mac. when i connect it the way the instructions say, for some reason my mac recognizes it as a vga monitor, and only gives me incompatable refresh rates, i.e. 56hz, 60 hz 100hz.

After loads of messing around i found an app called switch res. with this i managed to make a 800x600 50hz interlaced profile. but this still didn't work. UNTIL i rotated my monitor in the display pref pane. and then BANG it came on. So i rotated it back and it worked. everytime. It also gave me extra options in the display pref pane, like 'best for tv' and 'overscan'.

UNTIL, i updated my mac with 10.4.6. the i had the same problem again. it wouldn't recognize it as a tv. So i spent another 8 hours fiddling with setting and then remembered the rotate thing and tried it again and wham again it worked.

UNTIL i updated to 10.4.7. and i've tried all the tricks i know, but i can't get it to work. all i get it scrolling lines on the tv where it's outputting the wrong refresh rate. and it also doesn't give me the extra settings like 'overscan'.

I've rung apple support which i was extremely dissappointed in, and i'm not holding out ANY hope that they'll help.

So it's up to someone out there.

Please, anything will help!!!!!!!!!

ALL I WANT IS MY MAC TO OUTPUT TO THE DAMM TV!!

2. what? thread starter macrumors newbie

also, when i start up, my g5 detects the tv, albeit as a vga monitor, but when i click on detect displays it disappears and all i get is the main monitor.