Apple Earbuds Uneven Sound?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touchipods, Dec 13, 2012.

Does Your Apple Earbud Produce Uneven Sound?

1. Yes, One Side is Slightly Louder

5 vote(s)
  2. No, Perfectly Even Sound

4 vote(s)
  1. macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2012
    So I started to use the apple earphones that comes with the touch 4g (not the earpods). Previously I used different company earbud. My issue is the low notes and bass-comes out louder on the right earbud. The vocals and mid-tones are even. To make sure it wasn't my ears, I tried my previous earphones and it was even left-and-right.

I'm not talking about when during some songs, the right or left side will play and the other side silent. Rather when it's a consistent beat (such as boom boom boom)-the right is louder.

I'd say 45% left and 50% right in terms of bass/low notes sound level. Is this a defect or did Apple make these earbuds that way? Also my hearing is pretty good so even if I did go to Apple store, not sure if they'd notice what I'm hearing...
  2. macrumors 68000

Aug 9, 2011
    settings - general - accessibility - adjust audio channels.

Hope it helps.
  3. macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    If you just recently bought the iPod, go into a store and tell them that you're getting uneven sound. They'll take your word for it and get you a pair from the back. They can't test them or anything like that mainly because it's a hygiene issue.
  4. macrumors member

Dec 2, 2003
    The apple headphones suck, mine always blow out a channel after a couple months
  5. macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2012
    Never use them - my 2 sets of earpods went straight in the trash.