Apple earnings tonight.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by Taft, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Will they beat the street? Anyone have any thoughts?

I think they might come out a cent or two above wall street estimates.

If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

Matthew

2. Skip macrumors newbie

Right on, one cent it is :D $.10 was the prediction

Today Apple announced financial results for its fiscal 2002 second quarter ended March 30, 2002. For the quarter, the Company posted a net profit of $40 million, or $.11 per diluted share. These results compare to a net profit of $43 million, or $.12 per diluted share, in the year ago quarter. Revenues for the quarter were $1.5 billion, up 4 percent from the year ago quarter, and gross margins were 27.4 percent, compared to 26.9 percent in the year ago quarter. International sales accounted for 45 percent of the quarter's revenues.

Apple shipped 813 thousand Macintosh(R) units during the quarter, up 8% from the year ago quarter.

"We've experienced incredible demand for the new flat screen iMac and shipped 220,000 this quarter. Feedback from customers using them has been off the charts -- we've clearly got a winner here," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO.

3. Timothy macrumors 6502

Way to go...

Kudos to SJ and Apple. Continued consistent and steady growth is a good thing.

4. Baseline macrumors member

No new info...

I just finished listening to the Analyst Call, and there was nothing about new iBooks or TiBooks. I was PRAYING that someone would ask something about them in the Q&A session, but nothing.

The closest was some shmuck asking if they shipped the iBooks by sea or air...

5. Taft thread starter macrumors 65816

Taft

Re: No new info...

Heh. How does that relate to an earnings report exactly??

Matthew

6. Baseline macrumors member

Re: Re: No new info...

It was actually kinda funny. The guy was saying that he just got an iBook, and that made him wonder how they shipped it. He seemed really excited about the iBook, he was kind of gushing over it. I think he just wanted a chance to talk about it.