Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2004
NYC
hi

i'm a high school student taking a college level course at NYU (New York University) this summer. NYU has given me an ID card that has a id number etc on it. does anyone know if I qualify for the Student Union + Edu pricing? i have read the agreements on the apple website and currently (through august) I am an NYU student partaking in an undergraduate course...

so can anyone think of a reason that apple wouldn't let me complete this offer?

thank you,

db

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
Yes, you can use the educational prices. Some people even take small community college courses just so they can get the pricing when they want it. Plus, that approach also has the advantage of helping you in your career if you need more education or specified training in some area.

As long as you have an identification card, or some paper saying you are enrolled, you'll have no problems using the edu prices.

wide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2004
NYC
MacHarne said:
Yes, you can use the educational prices. Some people even take small community college courses just so they can get the pricing when they want it. Plus, that approach also has the advantage of helping you in your career if you need more education or specified training in some area.

As long as you have an identification card, or some paper saying you are enrolled, you'll have no problems using the edu prices.

great! thank you very much for the quick response.

i guess i'll put that order through as soon as apple churns out the new iBooks :rolleyes: . i just hope my enrollment will not have expired by then.

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
Your Welcome! Whenever those iBooks are updated, I'm sure you'll have no difficulty getting one with a discount. I ordered one for my father about three weeks ago using the discount (through my university's online Apple Store) and never actually was notified to prove my enrollment. They don't check every purchase, but they do, in fact, have a random selection that they will monitor.

Good luck with summer finals. They are usually somewhat easier than their regular semester counterparts :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.