Apple Education Discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DanielGilbert, Sep 20, 2006.

1. DanielGilbert macrumors member

Jun 10, 2006
    London, UK
    EDIT: Just seen the other topic on this page asking and answering pretty much the same question :p Sorry!

Here's my situation: I'm a student at a UK school, and regretably I'm under the age of 18 :(. I'm planning on getting a nice shiny new MB and I'd really like to take advantage of the education discount.

However... it does clearly say on the front page of the Apple Education Store that I need to be 18.

Should I be shopping on another part of the Apple store to get a discount? Supposing they were to check my ID, would they accept my position as valid? Are they even likely to check my ID?

I'd really appreciate some help here :)
  2. NATO macrumors 68000

Feb 14, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    I'm not too sure, but the best thing to do would be to phone Apple on 0800 039 1010 and enquire about the Education discount. The Higher Education discount is obviously only available to those at University, but the general Education discount might be extended to you if you are at Secondary Level Education. You'll never know until you ask.

Saying that, you could probably order from the Education store without issue, but they might ask for verification at some point (although I've never been asked)