Apple Educational Discount

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by mattscott306, Feb 22, 2007.

1. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Don't quite know where the best place to put this is, so I went with here, though maybe buying guides the best. Whatever.
    Anyways, I need to get some software, FCE and PS, but I don't wanna wait to ship it from the apple store. So, does anyone know if I go to an actual retail store, will they ahve the educational licensed version of Final Cut express, or am I going to have to purchase offline?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

If you can prove your educational status, I believe you can get the discount in the store. Just take a valid ID with you. There's no difference in the software, they'll just reduce the price for you.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The brick-and-mortar Apple stores do not sell software at EDU prices. But you may be able to get it somewhere else...the computer store of a local university might be a good bet.

4. mattscott306 thread starter macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Good thinking, I'll go there first (it's closer anyways)

5. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

University stores sometimes have the software cheaper than Apple's EDU prices.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

you could always call your local apple store and ask....

7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Apple Stores do not offer educational discounts on software. For pro-apps, the software is not exactly the same either. The splash screen(s) say "Educational Version" on them. Other than that they are the same though...