Apple Europe Boycott

Discussion in 'Community' started by krohde, Nov 28, 2003.

1. krohde macrumors member

As it turns out, Apple has once again let down its European customers. The U.S. continues to benefit from cheaper prices and other goodies, while those of us here in Europe are at times more than ripped off. I suggest that we, as a community, boycott Apple this christmas season in retaliation to their current marketing techniques. I really don't like that they think of us as less important customers, because we are just as loyal as other international Apple supporters and deserve equal treatment.

What do you guys think?

2. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

that s not making any sense to me.
    It 's the best and they are not much more expensive than wintels...
    And my time, including my nervs, are much more precious to me than those 100 €.
    Peace.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

admittedly i don't know much about international pricing, but surely apple doesn't do this to be malicious? there must be some reason, how do other PC makers get around this?

pnw

4. Mantat macrumors 6502a

It because of the stupid duty taxes. Complain to your politician if you are not happy.

Well, I am liing. Apple out of the US pricing policy is also based on the current money exchange rate. Once the announce a product, they convert the price in all the currency where they are selling and wont change it if the exchange market changes. This can be good or bad for the customer. For exemple, for the last few months, the canadian $ value has increased a few points againts the USD. To a point where it was 300$ cheaper for me to go buy my computer in the us than at a local store. Then with the release of the new 12"PB, they readjusted the price to reflect the new exchange rate and the canadian price was greatly reduced.

Why is apple not changing the exchange rate every week then? Well, doing so cost a lot and its hard to do any income when prices arent predictable. There are also other factors which I am too lazy to name here but have to do with financial crap.

Finaly, shipping to europe is more expensive ( I know some parts are made there, but most are in japan which is right next to the US).

This is why its cheaper in US, a little bit more expensive in Canada and a lot more everywhere else.

5. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Go to www.apple.com.au and check out the prices, then go to www.xe.com and convert into USD, now go to the US apple store and see which is cheaper? Apple need to realign teir priceing with the changes in the value of certain currency's

6. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

French wine costs more in the US than it does in France. What a ripoff! Let's boycott France. :rolleyes:

7. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Thats exactly what I was saying... But if you look at the price the day the product is lauched, you will notice that the price difference is much lesser.

8. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

heh no problem there ;)

Freedom wine anyone?

:)