Apple Europe delivery reallly sucks!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Willy S, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Willy S macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    I ordered some accessories form Apple Europe and they sent it with TNT. TNT came when I wasn´t home and they leaved a massage. I called them and they said they would come yesterday in the afternoon. But they didn´t came.

Then I called them again and then they said they would come this morning, but they didn´t came either! Know after waiting at home for them to come, I don´t know when they will come. All I know is that they won´t come today!

I find this very unacceptable since I was going to use these accessories this weekend, but I won´t be at home tomorrow.

Since Apple is shipping with this awful delivery company, I will not buy from Apple Europe again, unless I would like them to waste my time again...and again. :mad:
  2. Yossarian macrumors member

Apr 3, 2005
    I've never had a successful TNT delivery purely because Apple keep chopping bits off my address before they pass it on to them. I asked support about this but got nowhere.

Just for info, you can collect from most TNT depots 24/7, i got my ibook at about 8pm last night.
  3. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    Finally I got some explanations. The main 800 number that is their main service center told my that the package would come yesterday and again this morning. However, TNT service center did not told the TNT in my city that the package was supposed to delivered! What a communication disaster!

So I was registered as in a vacation in their computer system and the local TNT in my city told me this just now!

If I had kept on calling the 800 number, as customers are supposed to do, TNT would just probably keep on telling my that my package is in delivery while it wasn´t!

Well, the package is probably in a warehouse in my city and what are they doing to fix this mess? Are they sending it to me immediately? NO!!!!!

4. Zaid macrumors 6502

Feb 17, 2003
    I'd second that opinion of TNT.

They are useless. There have been a number of times that I've waited all day for them to never turn up.

Their depots are quite a way out of london and not readilly accessible by public transport. (at least all the ones where my stuff has been shipped from)

Thats why having the apple store in London has made things so much easier.
  5. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    TNT drove up to my work place with my iMac G5 ... sat outside for 10 minutes in his van (according to our receptionist) and then left the premises without even turning his engine off. He then went to my home address to try to drop it off there, obviously not knowing why one address is clearly marked BILLING and one for DELIVERY ... after being sat outside Delivery the moron thought he'd plump for Billing instead.

I rung them that day, pointed out the genetic defect of their staff and said that I don't trust them with my property any longer and I will pick it up from their depot that evening.
  6. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    Yes, the depot here is also far outside the city and I don´t have a car.
  7. Bakey macrumors 6502

Oct 6, 2003
    O Donny Boy
    I was under the impression that Apple Europe were looking at "alternative" courier providers - this was some time ago. Although I've personally never experienced any major problems with TNT I've read many stories [as on this occasion] from indivduals who have!!
  8. Hattig macrumors 65816

Jan 3, 2003
    London, UK
    To be fair to them, they did manage to get it from Eindhoven in the Netherlands to my front door in 12 hours overnight.

Boy am I happy with this machine.
  9. comic book guy macrumors newbie

comic book guy

Aug 2, 2005
    I actually got a new power connector for my Pb in less then 24 hours after the order.
    Sorry for you that you got so much trouble with them.
  10. TBi macrumors 68030

Jul 26, 2005
    When i ordered my iPod, i had to collect it from the depot because the address wasn't filled out correctly on the docket the driver had. Now this was true because i saw the docket. Then they went back in and got the box, and written on the box was ... guess what? The full delivery address! All the lazy <insert your own colourful expletive(s) here> had to do was look at the box to find out where it should be delivered.

Ah well... at least they shipped my iBook out to me properly.

Although i'm pretty annoyed today, i just found out they opened a mini Apple store in town and i only just ordered a new wireless keyboard online! I could have saved time by just buying it there.

On the other hand, they have a 15" PB in there. My god i didn't think it would be quite so ugly in real life... It just looks a tad bit ... out of shape. Think i'll just get the updated 12" PB whenever it comes out.

Also it was the first computer shop i went into where my girlfriend went "oooh pretty" and went off looking at stuff herself :)
  11. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2003
    ok well i have ordered a few things from Apple and no far. They were always on time and the box wasnt ever damaged or mishandled..Well the delivery guy thought that i had a new screen when he handed me my iMac... :D :D
    I am sorry to hear that you have bad luck..or maybe your TNT in that area is just bad..
  12. gekko513 macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    I have luckily had only good experiences with TNT, except from the address chop-off problem that I think is a mistake on Apple's side.
  13. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'll add to the good TNT experience list.

One where I called at 9am to arrange a redelivery (serviced from a different TNT depot) and they managed to redeliver later that afternoon.

Second where my sister's address had cut off (via the Apple bug) and they were trying to deliver one Friday and she thought she'd have to wait til Monday for her new Mac. But someone was on the ball enough to sort out delivery from a different depot and and she was able to get it on the Saturday morning.
  14. littletower2go macrumors newbie

Jul 30, 2005
    My experience was not that bad

I live in the country so I mosty buy on the net.
    I bought several times from AS and TNT usually did a good job.
    A few days ago they delivered my Adobe CS in 24h !!!
    The biggest trouble I had with them was...half a shipment !
    I bought a lot of stuff and the deliverer forgot one item inside the truck.
    I had a bad experience with Kodak and DHL ( the package was so wet I was deeply worried about the camera,no damage )
    Another bad experience was with Samsung and TNT when they lost a 21" CRT monitor !!!

15. alexeismertin macrumors regular

Jun 2, 2005
    Bristol, UK
    TNT... the worst company after Apple I have ever dealt with. If the hardware isn't faulty (over 4 years i have had 9 peices of hardware of which 5 have been faulty), then the delivery is quite shocking - last week I received my mac 3 days late (even though over the phone they said I would get it within the hour).

I hate TNT!
  16. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    Of course TNT can often deliver on time, otherwise they would be bankrupt. However, they are just not doing their work properly and Apple should do something about it, unless the customers are not important.

I have experiences with many transport companies and I have have not always been at home, but the companies have always delivered when they said they would and they have been able to deal with the few problems that have surfaced.