Apple execs sell shares...bailing out?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SPG, May 2, 2002.

1. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

There have been two reports on Macnn.com this week about Apple executives filing with the SEC to sell their shares to the tune of $3 million today and almost $3 million the other day. Not to be a scare monger, but with the Enron thing still a fresh memory should we be afraid of the future?
    I would think that with an iminent G5 release and good slaes of the iMac that people in the know would expect their share value to increase...then again it is boat buying season.

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Re: Apple execs sell shares...bailing out?

I posted under the other thread regarding this issue an explanation. SEC regulations... Rather than retyping, check the other thread.

Sorry for the lack of a link, but Arn had my back.

As usual, Arn is the man. Thanks.

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Re: Apple execs sell shares...bailing out?

link: http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=4515

arn

4. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

My apologies for reposting the same as an existing thread.
    In my defense I rarely visit the Apple Inc section.

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i have long given up on apple inc as a company that will grow and make more money next year

as long as apple survives, i am actually happy if they keep the 4.5 percent of us users from year to year

just keep on bumping up the ram and speed and every other year, come out with a new processor

i think wintel has won the money game, i just want my macs from year to year

is that too much to ask? i think us loyal users can keep apple afloat for the next few years

i will be dancing in the streets if apple inc is here 20 years from now

6. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

jef, I was just dancing in the streets for no reason other than to dance in the streets, well maybe it was more of a little two step while walking back from the coffee shop listening to my iPod...anyway the point is that I was dancing or enjoying my walk a little more because of an Apple product that can only be developed by a company that has money to develop products.
    Apple needs to gain market share, when they do they increase revenues and can spend more money on R&D, or heaven forbid lower prices!
    The Pro Zealot Campaign was a tongue in cheek contrarian comment on everybody zealously jumping on the anti-zealot campaign, but now I think I might actually have a real motive...Convert the unwashed masses! Increase market share! Pester Apple to make more cool s**t!

Jeff, dance in the street now, your hips may not cooperate in twenty years.