Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
How about we wait until after Apple has actually announced something before we start pissing on it. :rolleyes:

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Who da hell cares about Healthbook.. I hope that's not the best apple has to offer this year!

I think there are two basic groups of people who might care about Healthbook.

1) Fitness buffs.

2) People with chronic manageable conditions, like clotting issues, diabetes, HIV, COPD, etc.

If Healthbook takes off, there will be a variety of sensors and testers to interface with it. And people who have lab work done at national labs could opt to get their results delivered to them in a format that is compatible with Healthbook. You could easily track your viral load, INR, O2 sat, or blood sugar levels over time.

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Who da hell cares about Healthbook.. I hope that's not the best apple has to offer this year!

I agree. I see it being like Passbook, but even less useful.

You sound like the kind of people that would argue that cars are useless because you prefer a bicycle.

Just because you see no need for a specific product, does not mean it is useless to the rest of the universe.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
But that'll take the fun out of backtracking once Apple releases something we end up liking! :D

Hehe. :D

Of course no matter what they announce tomorrow for some it will be not enough, boring, etc. I guess that's the price you pay when you go these long stretches without any product announcements. In 2012 and 2013 they did announce new hardware (not just spec bump) so I am expecting something new tomorrow at least on the Mac side.

tliede20

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe not. I don't think they were selling that well to be begin with and didn't they just get through a recall?

This sounds like iOS in the car type stuff. But instead of Honda it's Maytag, etc.

Well, they were selling fine; the NEST PROTECT was recalled because of a safety feature; not that there was anything WRONG; but they had a feature that allowed users to wave their hands to turn off the alarm; even in cases of a real fire.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
1st step - read article
2nd step - feel exited
3rd step - read a related article
4th step - feel less exited
5th step - read yet another related article
6th step - fell bored and down goes the hype...

You aren't playing enough dubstep, man!

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
Smart home

Smart home is cool.

Health tracking - useless except to tiny tiny tiny market.

Banyan Bruce

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Unfortunately I can wait

How about we wait until after Apple has actually announced something before we start pissing on it. :rolleyes:

Not wanting to p**s on anything....simply not inspired to even try.

In past years I've actually felt really excited by the prospect of the WWDC...but not this year. The hype and expectation simply aren't there. Most of the rumoured announcements simply leave me cold. :confused:

Am I finally falling out of love with Apple ?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

In past years I've actually felt really excited by the prospect of the WWDC...but not this year. The hype and expectation simply aren't there. Most of the rumoured announcements simply leave me cold. :confused:

Maybe for once in a long while Apple will surprise us tomorrow.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

the worst part will be listening to Tim Cook tbh. he has the most boring and monotone voice. lets hope hes just doing the boring numbers part for the shareholders in the beginning and end and lets other ppl take over for the important part

AstronomyiPhone

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2013
Maryland

Just wait until tomorrow when the liveblogs start rolling...

----------

Maybe for once in a long while Apple will surprise us tomorrow.

Yes...what if it's all a plot and they released a bunch of fake rumors so that they can surprise us!

dred67212

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2014
If they spent 3 billion on beets and spent money on iTunes radio and we still do not get an app store for the apple tv I will abandon the apple ecosystem and move to the fire tv.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Smart home is cool.

Health tracking - useless except to tiny tiny tiny market.

To be honest health book would be used by me at least 5 of 7 days a week, I have been wanting an integrated health app or system in ios forever, the iPhone is honestly the best phone and platform for fitness

ElTorro

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2013
I wonder if Samsung will be rushing to make some sort of Smart Home device within the next 20 hours? :p

They had connected devices for a while. Here is the latest, if you are interested

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/04/samsung-launches-smart-home-android-app-and-two-compatible-appliances/

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
“Water spirals the wrong way out the sink / And her voice is a backwards record / It's like a whirlpool, and it never ends”

Apologies for completely off topic, etc but just noticed your signature and would like to add that we still haven't walked in the glow of each others majestic presence...

I love TMBG!

arubinst

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Lausanne - Switzerland
Wouldn't they need to announce the iWatch or whatever sensing device they are planning to use before a health tracking app such as Healthbook can make sense?

Otherwise it would be just another app that tracks how lazy (active???) you are using the accelerometer... And we've already got quite a few of those!

----------

I wonder if Samsung will be rushing to make some sort of Smart Home device within the next 20 hours? :p
My Samsung TV comes with an integrated App called Smart Home that lets you interact with all sorts of Samsung connected appliances (washing machine, fridge, robot vacuum cleaner, air conditioner)...

Too bad I don't own any other samsung device besides my TV :)

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York

No that makes to much sense.

----------

If they spent 3 billion on beets and spent money on iTunes radio and we still do not get an app store for the apple tv I will abandon the apple ecosystem and move to the fire tv.

Do it you wont

----------

Of course they will be thats what the "watch apple rumors" team does. They sit there watch the rumors then go make exactly that. I just made that up but its probably true

----------

Of course they will be thats what the "watch apple rumors" team does. They sit there watch the rumors then go make exactly that. I just made that up but its probably true

BigHonkingDeal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2009
Fort Pierce
I don't want apps, we already have a million of those. I want features! Embedded OS features!

• Customization
  • Option for tiles
  • Option for widgets
  • That fancy multitasking everyone is talking about
  • Stuff I can't think of

Apps go into a "junk" folder.

Option to choose a default app..... like Google maps etc.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Healthbook is disappointing without the iWatch. I have no doubt I'll use it every day with an iWatch, but until that device appears I won't be able to use the app.

jeffe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
To be honest health book would be used by me at least 5 of 7 days a week, I have been wanting an integrated health app or system in ios forever, the iPhone is honestly the best phone and platform for fitness

Wouldn't health book just be replacing existing app's you are already using? I'm hoping for something that's not already being done by existing app's.

rjflyn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2007
"healthcare" money is an itch anyone would be fooling not to scratch. 3.8 trillion dollars was the US spending last year. Most companies would be lucky to just get a smell of some of that. Im gonna go out on a limb and say Apples doing a little more than just giving it a whiff.

reel2reel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Dare I say...Apple is getting B O O O O R I N G.

Remember when these events were exciting? Now it's all so corporate-feeling, like how I imagine a Samsung shareholders' meeting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.