Apple Expo Paris 2006

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iChan, Aug 14, 2006.

1. iChan macrumors 6502a

iChan

Anyone going to be at the show in Sept? Do new products ever get announced there?

2. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Of course new products get announced there. The iMac G5 was announced there in 2004. Though I can't remember what they did last year.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Last year = bugger all. The keynote was cancelled, there was a Q&A with Apple execs and an updated .Mac was released.

All the good stuff happened afterwards in Apple Special Events.

4. iChan thread starter macrumors 6502a

iChan

well, i kinda knew about the imac G5. but other than that? nada?

i have tickets and a flight to go. but i'm just not psyched about it. don't know why. it could be because of the lack of a keynote.

5. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Hopefully its not going the way of MacWorld Boston/New York with WWDC hogging all the summer release info. Here is more info on releases/announcements at Apple Expo.

Hey who knows maybe the mythic iPhone will be there.:D

6. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

People are expecting a lot of things to be updated, and apple can actually deliver, while not something completely new I wont be surprised of we see updated macbook pros at Paris. Also not a release, I think we will see a nice demo of Leopard! :D

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No way. We won't see updates at a MacWorld. That would be ridiculously boring. That's something that Apple does on a Tuesday. They do it all the time, so it won't happen in Paris. Heck, I doubt Apple would even mention an update if the MBPs and MBs were updated to Meroms. I don't think that'd be worthy of a keynote or even a mention.

They also won't bother showing Leopard again. Why bother? It's being leaked and screenshots are all over the net.

They might come out with that iPhone or the "real" iPod Video media player. That's always a possibility, I guess. I'm not excited about MW Paris at all. However, I'm expecting a lot for MWSF 07 in January. :)

8. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

I hope the the tuesday is BEFORE paris.

If your not that crazy about going... You can mail me the plain tickets, and the keynote tickets. I wound charge you ;) .

9. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

Well in all fairness we all suspect that those screenshots will change, and steve can also preview some of the new supper secret features that he alluded to at the WWDC.