1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple Expo Paris - September 25-29th. New Products?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 17, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple Expo takes place on September 25-29th this year in Paris, France. In recent years, Apple has not used Apple Expo in Paris as a launching ground for new products. The last official Apple keynote speech was given in 2004 by Phil Schiller and introduced the iMac G5. The last time Steve Jobs participated in an Apple Expo keynote was a PowerBook release in 2003. There were no Apple keynotes for the 2005 or 2006 Apple Expos.

9to5mac.com, however, speculates that Apple could use this year's Paris Expo as the launching ground for a number of European initiatives, as well as possibly the new iPod. Certainly, the timing of the event coincides with many expected announcements from Apple, though no official plans has been announced.

Apple revealed during their 3rd Quarter financial conference that they would be announcing the iPhone's european availability this quarter in "a few select countries". Rumors have pegged UK, France and Germany as the first countries outside the U.S. to receive the iPhone.

September also corresponds with historical refreshes in Apple's iPod line as well as the end of Apple's Back to School iPod promotion. There have been ongoing rumors that Apple would be updating the iPod soon with our Buyer's Guide showing both the iPod and iPod Nano being overdue for updates.

Article Link

2. Retired

psychofreak

New iPod please Apple :) Although I just got the battery of my 15GB 3G iPod replaced a month ago (now ~20 hours life) its getting old...

3. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Computer hardware please Apple.

4. macrumors member

Steve's going to take this time to announce what everyone's been waiting for...

A new iPhone!

Also iPods are discontinued.

5. macrumors 68000

So...iphone euro...

Seems like apple would announce ipod-phonic video 6.01G or whatever they call it in the states, but who knows.

6. macrumors 6502

BKKbill

Any Apple event like this should bring some goodies that we can all enjoy. :)

7. macrumors regular

Pffft, it's obvious we'll see the Powerbook G5 here :D

8. macrumors 65816

Squonk

I think the new hardware (iPods) will still roll out prior to Paris. Do we really need another iPod keynote?

And wouldn't this be a bit too early to announce new MacPro's with the Penryns coming in Nov? Unless Apple will have the chips available early...

Nah, I just don't see them announcing new hardware at this event.

9. macrumors member

Best get them Eurostar tickets booked people!!!!!

Mange tout, Rodney, mange tout....

10. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I going to have to say iPods... and hopefully coloured iMacs :cool:

11. macrumors 6502

BKKbill

Colored iMacs man Eidorian is going to jump on you. :p

12. macrumors P6

~Shard~

My guess is that we'll see new iPods, but otherwise any announcements will be related to new deals, iPhone in Europe, iTMS-related news, etc. - no other specific product announcments. It is too early for Mac Pro updates as we have to wait for Penryn in November and the iMacs and Mac minis were just updated. Apple won't update the MacBooks or MacBook Pros for a while yet either.

The past couple expos haven't been anything too spectacular, so let's hope this one has something a little more exciting in terms of announcemnets for us. :cool:

13. macrumors newbie

Maybe it will include news of iTunes Store movies and TV shows in Europe. It's been rumoured recently that a UK launch was coming soon...

14. macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

This is more of a page 2 rumor in my view... Nothing substantial, just guesswork...

15. macrumors member

Any sign of those iTunes TV and movie downloads for the UK / Europe?

16. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm at a loss for words...

17. macrumors member

You're all forgetting one thing:

xServe.

Oh yes, it's xServe's time to shine. Are you excited yet? It's the perfect Christmas gift for friends, loved ones, and children. Give the gift that keeps on giving: a database server. It's that kind of brilliant, out-of-the-box thinking that Apple marketing is known for. We're looking at a game-changer here, people.

18. macrumors 68020

EagerDragon

iTablet Sept 25?

19. macrumors 65816

Squonk

iPhone, AppleTV news for UK

Sure, I see these things being rolled out in Paris - iPhones for the UK and iTMS tv shows. And more face time for iLife/iWeb...

20. macrumors 6502a

I'd really like to see the MacBook upgraded to be equip for Leopard. Also maybe Nano updates, but honestly, the iPod isn't of much interest to me lately after all the intense hype about the iPhone.

21. macrumors regular

I kind of can't believe this joke is still going around. I read MR for years before I joined and started posting. I'm guessing you did too.

We need a new joke around here. Any suggestions?

22. macrumors member

Remember Steve said there would be some news about the Apple TV 'soon'?

23. macrumors 6502a

Yea the launch is rumoured to be very soon, so this is a possibility.

But I have to disagree somewhat with Mac Rumors, Apple really doesn't like the Expo in Paris, past speculation has pointed towards adverse French laws coming down on Apple causing Apple to pull out of France as much as possible.

Not to mention, who likes France anyway :p

Let's not forget Mac Expo London....

24. macrumors 65816

Squonk

How about a 12" MBP?
    Or the QuadCore MBP?

25. macrumors 6502a

My money's on new iPods. The current iPod promo will be over and the holidays will be right around the corner.