Apple Expo-Paris: What d'ya think will come out of it?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kobushi, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    Right behind you.
    As we're all aware of, but conversation has seemed to have stalled on, Apple Expo-Paris is just 10 days away. Since iPod nano and all sorts of fun stuff were anounced at the special music event on September 7 and Stevie isn't going to do a Keynote for the expo, what do you think will be anounced? G5 powerbooks? Wireless Mighty Mouse? the new Apple bidet with real swirling action? Tell us what you think.
  2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

May 4, 2005
    New York
    You're all wet. :)
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Disappointment. :cool:

Many of us will whine and b*tch and complain, and yet we don't really even know why we're complaining, as there weren't a lot of rumours leading up to this one.

But we will complain, nonetheless. Oh yes, we will complain. That's the Mac-head way.
  4. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Now that the suckers have bought the nano, Apple will announce the iPod pico in Paris. 1/1000th the size of the nano, it will hold only 4MB. There will be no display, obviously. It will look like a sleeve covering the headphone jack. Battery life will be only 5 minutes, but no one will care.

"1 song. But it's really, really small."
  5. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    I sure as hell hope new ipods come out. Because there was just an ipod event, I doubt it but I am dying for new ipods.

I need to replace my mini, but I'm waiting for the 5gs.
  6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says...and here I thought the whole PB G5 idea was dead forever yet now someone else has to resurrect the idea....didn't we instigate a rule a while back that anyone that mentioned "PB G5" would be flogged repeatedly?

But seriously...don't expect much people, don't get all hyped up and then start bitching in here about how Apple let you down...all the signs are there for an uneventful stay calm....oh yeah!
  7. quagmire macrumors 603

Apr 19, 2004
    No stevenote= No new products that are brand new. So no video iPod for the people who believe in it and no Powerbook G5's. The only things I might see happening is Powermac with 970MP and iPods happening. That is all. Then Powerbooks a week after or before event.
  8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I think Steve will just give us a hint or update on what is to come during the question and answer session he's going to attend. No keynote, but there will be a question and answer session, and reporters will be asking tough questions about future products and such.

We'll get something interesting out of Paris, just not any tangible products, thats all. :)
  9. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    The Apple iBrie, minimal effort required, it already comes in a white coating - all they'd need to do would be to make the outside glossy. Small inedible ball-bearing shaped processor in the centre Airport Extreme enabled to beam information about the cheese from the fridge right to your Airport Extreme-enabled computer, ripeness, freshness, how much is left, when it was last accessed etc.

Also comes in Blue....
  10. ham_man macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2005
    Mac OS 11?
    PowerMac P5?
    PowerBook M?
    An embalmed piece of Steve Jobs crap?
    Or nothing at all?

We'll see in a few days won't we. Should be interesting...:D
  11. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    It would seem that with no official KeyNote by Steve Jobs, an announcement could occur at anytime. Apple will want some new Macs to display.
  12. Kobushi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    Right behind you.
    definitley iCod, the musical fish. It'll be way better than that unholy billy bass that started off the millenium with blatent stupidity.(yes, I'm still bitter at the jerk that made millions while I had to listen to that thing 8-hours a day working retail.)

one squeeze of the iCod, and it squirts out music for 15 hours. Try it on a cracker as an after school snack! Chalk full of Omega-3 fatty acids.

k, I go sleepy now
  13. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

May 21, 2005
    I say Steve will announce a Living room appliance.
  14. witness macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2005
    I was seriosuly considering attending the expo, but with no keynote (strongly hinting at no major releases) it's not worth the train ticket.
  15. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    I think it's safe to say none of the above...