Apple featured in a Jeopardy! category

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 13, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68030

maestro55

Some easy questions, I would have only missed 1 (the one about Steve's Salery, I didn't know that).

3. macrumors 68030

Exactly the kind of post I would've made. I didn't know the salary answer... I probably would've guessed it though, since Steve is the big man of the company. Anyway, too bad I missed it; I would've been screaming the answers at the TV. :p

4. macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

I would have torn through that shiz like it was my job.

5. macrumors 65816

virus1

steve made it into the guinesses world book of records with that. lowest salary. he gets paid with all his money in apple.

6. macrumors member

These are probably the only Jeopardy! questions I would ever be able to answer. I definitely would have aced these.

7. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Ive known Steve's salary for ages, I think I might have missed the airport one...

8. macrumors 68000

Earendil

I thought that was the easiest, I could have guessed that even if I didn't know about the product. Take a lucky guess, there are only so many places airplanes take off ;)

I Knew them all, dangit, for once I wish I was on the show, just to show off my apple nerdy-ness :eek:

~Earendil

9. macrumors 603

wordmunger

I knew them all, but I don't know if I would have buzzed in under pressure on the quicktime question.

10. macrumors 65816

Seasought

I wasn't aware of the whole salary thing either. When I read it I thought that was a typo or abbreviation for something else.

Interesting. :D

11. macrumors regular

No salary but billions in stocks.

12. macrumors 65816

Seasought

Sorry for questioning what seems to be the obvious but...

Why?

13. macrumors 68030

maestro55

I don't watch jeopardy very often, but I have been able to answer some of the questions before. Not enough to win any money, but perhaps maybe on Teen Jeopardy. Anyhow, I enjoy watching shows like that, which allow me to test my own knowledge. And out of the huge number of questions that I am not aware of, I tend to learn many new things every time I sit down with that show.

14. Moderator emeritus

yellow

I second that.. I'd get them all right.

One should note that while Steve gets $1 annually for a salary, he also got a personal Lear jet when he came back to Apple. ;)

Did Alex say "Oh Es Echs" or "Oh Es Ten"?

15. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

When questions, I mean answers, on Jeopardy! are about technology, they seem sooooooooooooo easy.

I have a little more trouble when it's "The person named as the successor to the Grand Duke in the constitution of Luxembourg."

16. macrumors 68030

maestro55

If on the death of the Grand Duke his successor is a minor the regency shall be exercised in accordance with the Family Pact.

Isn't google great?

17. Moderator emeritus

yellow

What is a member of the Nassau family. Duh. Doesn't everyone know that? :rolleyes:

Not quite, buddy. :)

:D

18. macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's awesome that apple was on jeopardy. i would have gotten all of them right

19. macrumors 604

Lacero

I would stumble on Literary History. I'd excel at tech questions, current affairs and play on words like anagrams.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

20. macrumors 68030

joepunk

I probably would have gotten most of the questions right except for the Quicktime question.

21. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'd probably forget how to spell "Apple" if I was put on TV with a timer running and bright lights in my face, with all my friends watching and a lot of cash at stake.

Ken Jennings, on the other hand, handled both the pressure and the tech questions with ease, being in the computer field himself.