Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Courtneyovo1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
Texas
Hi all. I've been hearing about the Apple financing and haven't decided which company I want to go through. Is there one that's easier than the other? I just had a recent bankruptcy and I tried Citizens like a a month after I was discharged and I was denied. There were no hard credit dings on my credit. I was told there would only be a soft credit check nothing hard. I think the reason I was denied was due to my credit card not updating and showing a clear balance? Any suggestions? I really wanna get approved with Barclays because I am trying to get my credit up, and I know by the reporting it would help.

Not sure if I wrote this in the right place or it.

Thanks

Courtney

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Hi all. I've been hearing about the Apple financing and haven't decided which company I want to go through. Is there one that's easier than the other? I just had a recent bankruptcy and I tried Citizens like a a month after I was discharged and I was denied. There were no hard credit dings on my credit. I was told there would only be a soft credit check nothing hard. I think the reason I was denied was due to my credit card not updating and showing a clear balance? Any suggestions? I really wanna get approved with Barclays because I am trying to get my credit up, and I know by the reporting it would help.

Not sure if I wrote this in the right place or it.

Thanks

Courtney
If you are thinking finance unless you are a business I would try and get decent 2nd hand and pay cash.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
You probably should skip those two cards and start with something that is designed to help build credit. After my Bankruptcy in 2000 that was discharged in 2003, I got my first credit card through Capital One. It had a 1100 credit limit and a $25 fee each year. Within 4 months of paying on time, they upped my limit to $1500 and now it's $6300. I also have a second card through them now with a pretty decent limit on it and no fee. I keep the balances on both very low and between the two, I owe a whopping $28. Those cards greatly improved my credit score and I was able to get approved for a car last month at a major Honda dealership. My credit score took a 20 point dive with just two inquiries, one from the dealership and one from the bank who financed.

I do try and pay cash for most things like last summer I bought a 15" 2015 MBP and a 2012 13" MBP and paid cash, didn't touch the cards for either.

Learn the lesson from the bankruptcy. Get a few credit cards, use them sparingly and don't go buying everything you see unless you can pay cash for it other then things such as as car and home. Like mentioned above, I would buy a used Mac and save up some money till you can buy a new one when you have the cash. And you don't have to always have the latest and greatest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.