Apple FunHouse Graphics Application?!?!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by GodBless, Mar 6, 2005.

1. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

Hey, do you guys think that Apple is finally going to release a professional graphics program? Do you remember Apple presented a graphics application they called "FunHouse" at last year's WWDC?

Maybe this is the biggest hit from Apple for the graphics people out there. :eek: Apple hasn't even mentioned anything about this program since last year's WWDC meaning that they have some kind of surprise plans for it.

Remember how great the application was after they told us that all it took was just a week of programming? Imagine after a year (52 weeks) of programming. (Hint, hint -- this years WWDC?)

My guess is since it has so many great features that it will compete with the high end programs like Photoshop and Fireworks. Remember, nobody knows its own technology better than Apple so when it is released it will be great. It had all kinds of awesome core imaging and core video technologies. For sure they won't release it before Tiger for this matter.

I'm sure that they will either release it with Tiger or else they'll make big bucks off of it by selling it with a large price tag. This program will be a dream come true for many of us...

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

They don't have any sort of plans for it. It is conceivable that they may release a basic filter program like that just because of popular demand, but that was just a quick program they made in like one day so they could demonstrate core image/core video.

3. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Even so, it was a cool program, and it would be sweet if they released it. If they don't have plans to market it, they should opensource it! :D

4. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

Then why isn't it a developer tool application example for Tiger developers to play around with? If Apple didn't have plans for it then they would have given it to developers so that the developers could better encompass their graphics applications that they would make for Tiger. How else would developers easily make use of core image and core video without a sample application demonstrating the abilities of the new technologies?

They wouldn't have developed a semi-finished product unless it was for Apple to sell or for an example to developers; not just for demonstration purposes at last year's WWDC.

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

BumpITY, BUMP, BUMP

Well if it took Apple only a few days to build Funhouse, surely some developer here could do it. I really would like to play around with it.

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I just looked at the developer tools and Tiger and Funhouse IS included along with quartz composer and other developer apps. Funhouse is a little different from the WWDC version and is a wee bit sluggish on my SP G5. :cool:

7. grabberslasher macrumors 6502

The FunHouse source code is included with as an example for Quartz programming. Check the quartz folder.

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I installed the developer tools to have a play around in Quartz composer and screensavers and tried out FunHouse.

The first image I tried (Copenhagen), I dropped a Glass Lozenge on it and had lots of fun stretching it and pulling it around. I reset it and decided to try something else but now none of the effects seem to work (not even the glass lozenge again). Any ideas? I trashed the plist and my Mac is core image supported.