Apple future store??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nickelbackmac, Jul 24, 2006.

1. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

I live in Jonesboro, AR (it's a pretty big town, I dunno more than half the size of Memphis). We just got a new mall called "The Mall at Turtle Creek" and it still has store rentals up for sale. Is there any way I could let Apple know that our mall has stores still up for sale? There is one on the 1st floor that is HUGE on the inside, which Apple could use. I have to travel 3 hours to visit the nearest Apple Store, and there are no retailers ANYWHERE here. I just wish Apple would make a store here...

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I think if Apple wanted to be there.. the would

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Jonesboro is 1/10 the size of Memphis...maybe.

Regardless, I'm sure Apple already has an idea of which markets they want to enter and are watching possible locations.

4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

You could always try sending an eMail to steve@mac.com

Some people have apparently had replies from the man himself. You never know, you might get lucky! Just remember to include a lot of praise for those Apples :rolleyes:

5. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

According to the 2000 census, the population of Jonesboro, Arkansas was 55,515 while the population of Memphis, Tennesee was 650,100. The greater Memphis metropolitan area had a population of 1,230,303.

I tried to find the population of the greater Jonesboro metropolitan area but Google just laughed at me.

6. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

if baton rouge/new orleans area can't get one... you don't have a prayer

7. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

they won't respond or pay attention to your e-mail most likely. they don't care if you have to drive 3 hours. They strategically place every store. Don't you think other people have tried sending store requests? Check ifoAppleStore for more info.

8. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

That's really wierd. There's one here in Bath, which is only just big enough to be considered a city. Don't forget this is also the UK, where the average city is the size of a US public toilet...

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There ain't no Apple Store in Bath - there are probably a few Apple Centres which are run by authorised resellers but at the moment, there's one in Regent St, Brent Cross, Bluewater, Trafford Centre, Sheffield and Birmingham with another one scheduled to open in Manchester, one in Kingston and one in Southampton later this year.

Bear in mind that it's not just population that Apple are looking for. They're also looking for a population of their target customers - so relatively well-off areas. In the UK, I'd expect to eventually see an Apple Store in every town where there's also a John Lewis since their target audiences aren't that far apart.

10. Sttesuhc macrumors member

darn.... i thought this thread was going to be about cool new stores that serve as portals into the future of apple products....

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

me too!.........lol:cool: :D

12. rglatter macrumors regular

hey im from Arkansas as well, and I think that if us Arkansans were going to get an apple store I think it would be in Little Rock, there is a new mall type thing going up here as well and its in a great location with other big retailers and it would be the perfect spot but I dont think that they are gonna put one there :( btw..how far is Jonesboro from Little Rock?

13. Jamesw macrumors member

There are only 2 stores currently open in Canada. They are both in the SAME section of the SAME province. Yorkdale and Eaton Centre are pretty close to eachother. Yet none all across Canada. They need one in Vancouver BC or Edmonton, or even Calgary.

14. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yeah, I have to wonder about some of their store locations. I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact them.

Luckily for me, there are 8 Apple stores pretty close by. (I live in Irvine, so there are 3 here and then 3 in LA, and two others in Manhattan Beach/Mission Viejo).

15. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

I live in Toronto, and Yorkdale and Eaton Centre are not that close together, with the traffic it's at least an hour drive.

Apple usually locates their stores in high end shopping areas. So unless this new mall in your town is going to be selling gucci, louis vitton, and dolce and gabbana don't expect to see an Apple store there.

16. SteveRichardson macrumors regular

SteveRichardson

I live in Hotlanta and it takes me 20 minutes or less (15 mins for two of them) to get to the three apple stores here. One at Lenox, one at Perimeter, and one at North Pointe.

Needless to say, we have a lot of apple stores. I guess I just live in the middle of them. Jealous?

17. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

same here. i was really let down

18. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Or Birmingham (Alabama, not England). There was a rumor a while ago about Apple putting in a store at the Summit, a very nice upscale shopping plaza, a few doors down from the Bose shop, but sadly nothing came of it. I'd rather do mail order than the 3+ hour drive to Atlanta, or the 5+ hour drive to Nashville.

19. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

thats because Toronto is the centre of the Universe :rolleyes:

20. caralck macrumors member

When planning a shopping spree vacation for visiting friends, I discovered that I have the pleasure of having 4 apple stores within an hour from my home (Portland Metro area, Oregon). Actually, somehow the Tigard/Tualatin area ended up with 2 just 20 min apart. My friends teased me because while visiting apple wasn't on their list and not really mine either, they know I'm waiting to buy a new MBP and when we kept seeing an apple store at many of our shopping locales in the first 2 days, they wondered if I planned the trip around my computer addiction.

I was in New Orleans and the lack of pure apple stores was depressing but I would visit the one at Ala Moana on my christmas trips home (hawaii :D ). I'm guessing they go to areas where they had gotten the most internet orders from?

21. Acehigh macrumors 6502

If there are many rentals i doubt Apple will come there. They usally find top retail places. Its all about location for them.

22. John Pryor macrumors newbie

Future store in Edmonton, Alberta

I was down at West Edmonton Mall to day with a camera and I spotted a few empty locations that may be where Apple is opening on July 1st 2008.:)

I know it is still a rumour but with the president of WEM stating it in the local paper and Apple accepting applications for a West end location I think it is quite a good bet.
    View attachment 103133
    the blue are the ONLY areas open that could come close to the 6000 square feet that mall president Don Ghermezian quoted. unless someone else moves out to make room.
    View attachment 103134

Personally I think the location in phase 4 (far west end) on the second level is the likeliest though it looks a bit smaller than 6000 sq.ft. View attachment 103137
    as seen from same floor on other side of stage area.
    View attachment 103138
    as seen from main floor
    View attachment 103139
    looking south from hall toward stage.