Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djkut

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2002
This is interesting

I think the most interesting part of that article is this...

Apple claim that worldwide, 30 per cent of Wintel users change to the Mac platform after trying out a machine.

That's not bad...now, get some competing power in there and maybe that number will go up quite a bit...

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
The programming Base in soutern asia is incredible, writting more software in a year than the United states for thelast couple of years. Large Corps place call centers in this part of the world, labor is inexpensive and they is a great pool of talent.

All of that Adds up to a huge enterprise market, one aple would be well served to convert. The ripple effect there would be gigantic.

That said...Far East has a definite style concious young consumer culture that values design and form factor along with reliability and form factor. Do a search under compact/impact to get an idea. The first custom powerbooks came out of Asia, this is a market we need as well.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
30 percent switch after trying out a mac? That seems pretty damn high, but I'd also like to know the percentage that is 'trying out a mac' - that's the main bit of info that's important.

But I do agree that if things go well in Asia, it could have a huge effect in the states. More software would be wonderful.....

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.