Apple gave me a refund for OSX Lion due to Wifi

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by rxl125, Jul 26, 2011.

1. rxl125, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    Apple refunded me my $30 for poor wifi performance in OSX Lion. I have to respect how they treat their customers. OSX lion needed more testing for wifi and I think they are realizing this with customer complaints. My situation was pretty simple, newer iMac with Airport Express (older one that worked fine in Snow Leopard) that does wireless G not N. Wifi would go out every time I walked away from the computer So if you are having wifi problems I suggest you contact apple and get your refund.
  2. macrumors regular

May 14, 2011
    I read somewhere it is fixed with the 10.7.2 beta
  3. macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2011
    Yeah, their support is great. My MacBook Pro had a slightly sticky shift key which made typing a pain. I rang them up and went straight through to support (no holding at all) and the whole thing was agreed upon and resolved in 5 minutes. They sent out a new one and collected (their charge) the sticky one. No arguments, no ********. Well done.
  4. LED
    macrumors member

Oct 23, 2008
    It's great you got a refund, but I would caution folks that the refund is likely a 1 time exception as the terms of the app store clearly state that product sales are final. I have read where people have gotten refunds on Final Cut Pro X and were told that it was a 1 time exception. I'm just saying this as I know for myself I would not want my exception to be on a $30 piece of software. Certainly if you don't purchase software much, then this wouldn't matter.
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    Never had software work this poorly in 20 years of owning a computer. Apple usually tests their products better than this... Seems like a rush job since their was issues in the demo stage with wifi. Wifi with apple's own routers should not be an issue.