apple gave the real value to music

Discussion in 'Community' started by phantommaul, May 1, 2003.

1. phantommaul macrumors member

Jan 8, 2002
    For several year we all downloaded billions of mp3 files from internet without givin a cent to any company. because having tousands of songs and getting them so easy we just got them all listened it once or twice (i am not talking about every song) and forget their location in our hard drives. now apple made a revolutionary move with giving these songs for 99.

At first like everyone i tought it was too much but thinkin it twice after the date of 28th i became more picky and more tidy about music selection now i know every albums song listings every duets and so on. i am still using kazza because i am a pc user (having a mac soul) but i am so neat about my music selection.

Thats because apple gave the value 99 and reminded us that the thing we are sharing is not free and must be considered as a result of artists hardwork.

i will end this entry like cheap commercial but
    thank you apple for giving the value.
  2. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop
    -Hear, hear.

And I don't think $0.99 is too much for an AAC song, heck, I pay the same for downloaded ringtones!
  3. shadowfax macrumors 603

Sep 6, 2002
    Houston, TX
    this is pretty pathetic, i think, that all it took to make you an honest person all of a sudden was your favorite (or one of them) company. "99" isn't even that original of a value for an artist's work. if you ask me, it's borderline wrong to assume that the price you pay for art has anything to do with it's value, especially in the music industry. think: britney spears' songs are $.99 a pop. so are Pink Floyd's. but you can't get "Echoes" for $.99, because it's 23 minutes long. but obviously, a song's longevity is not what lends it quality. i fail to see the point of this thread at all.

Apple may be great, but not because they "gave music value" at any level, except maybe that many great artists use macs to make their music. that would be a credible attribution, though to make it to the extent that apple is actually giving the value would be asinine.