Apple Gift Card with Macbook purchasing???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JEFFERYWUJR, Jan 29, 2007.

1. JEFFERYWUJR macrumors newbie

Hello! Everyone:

I am from Taiwan. Here I have a question about Macbook purchasing. Because I remember that one of my classmates purchased a macbook at October in Taiwan and he got few Apple Gift Cards in the box. May issue is about that I asked my friend to buy a macbook from States during the X'mas holiday while he visited his family there. He made that deal within educational price with Apple online shop. And when he came with my macbook back from States( he already opened the box and put all stuff into a bag for concovience in travelling from States to Taiwan ), but I can't see any Apple Gift Card in it.... So, is Apple Gift Card no longer within a macbook purchasing??? :confused: Many thanks indeed for your attention. :)

All the best

J.J.

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Hi,

Can you show us these gift cards? Do you mean the OSX and iLife discount cards that you get in the box?

Edit: erm you are not supposed to get any gift cards. I don't know where you get the idea from, but I checked the boxes of a MBP and Macbook I got from the US and no cards.

3. JEFFERYWUJR thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... :rolleyes: Actually I don't really remeber how it looks like and what exactly the detail, but I remeber that few apple gift cards( it should be 6 ) which I can use it with any purchasing of mac stuff, for example: iPod... and etc. to get the disccount( the more Apple Gift Card I use, the more disscount I get, and no limit how many Apple Gift Card I can use in one purchasing... ). I am wondering my friend keeps it.... :( But still I would like to make sure if anyone also didn't get the gift cards while purchasing a macbook online( especially from States ), or maybe everyone get Apple Gift Card while purchasing a macbook? :confused: Many thanks indeed. :)

All the best! :)

JJ

4. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Nope your friend didn't cheat you of your gift cards.

Apple is not a charity. Even though they are a tiny company with only 3% of the market they are arrogant enough not to have a customer loyalty program :)

5. JEFFERYWUJR thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi!

Thx a lot. I got it. But indeed one of my classmate got 6 apple gift cards in his purchasing of macbook, and that 6 gift cards were already in the box which also contain install softwares... Anyway, thank you again. :)

All the best!

JJ

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Did your classmate get his computer from Taiwan?

7. JEFFERYWUJR thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I think so. And also my cyber-friend from Poland he told me that he got it as well... hmmm... no clue... But anyway, thx you so much. :)