Apple Gives Me The Runaround And I Save $259 On My MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by neyoung, Jan 23, 2007.

1. neyoung macrumors member

So I decided to switch to Mac a little over a week ago. I've had nothing but problems with Apple since :( I documented the whole ordeal on my blog. luckily I ended up saving a bunch of money in the end. So ultimately all I lost was time and a a bit of respect for Apple's phone reps.

I still can't wait to get my MBP after all this :)

2. Boxer macrumors regular

Good for you. If they didn't treat you right go elsewhere.

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

4. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

That's a total of $259 from MacConnection not from Apple (in his blog). The items from MacConnection are a pretty good deal especially if you don't have any of them.

Nuc

5. abbottpc.com macrumors member

From what I read, it doesn't seem that Apple was the only ones to blame in this situation.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm with you on this. But good for you for sticking it to the man!
    heh

7. neyoung thread starter macrumors member

Nah, they weren't the only one to blame, there was some issues with my credit card. I wasn't really bummed about any of that, I merely added it for context to the situation. The thing that really disappointed me was how many times the phone reps told me that everything was ok then I'd get another email saying there was another problem. I'm sure that this kind of thing doesn't happen all the time, but bad luck on my part.

In a weird way I'm kinda glad that it all happened because I was able to save some money and get some free stuff! I'm also still really excited about getting my MBP and making the switch to Apple.