Apple going out of business?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jeremy.king, Feb 22, 2003.

1. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Saw this on on Slashdot.

So according to this canadian journalist -
    See http://www.canada.com/technology/story.html?id=C4573230-4B60-4F1D-9901-D1B26D4D2C6C

Funny thing is he advertises his email address :D

Any thoughts?

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am reading the mac comedy book, Macintosh...The Naked Truth by Scott Kelby and from what i have read, it is amazing how apple has not done themselves in a dozen times already:p :p :p

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Saw that to, this guys is just another fool that has a pen and someone stupid enough to employ him. He was grumpled about his palm not working with his ibook or some crap. I even emailed this looser and told him he had just joined all the others that have predicted Apples death to only be proven wrong! Funny for a company fading into nothingness it sure turns a lot of heads in the pc world.( he's probably part FRENCH!

4. howard macrumors 68020

howard

how many years now has apple supposed to have been going out of business????

5. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Would you really listen to a Canadian? :p

To actually "fade" you have to diminish in power. While Apple didn't turn a profit last QTR reported they didn't lose alot in this poor economy and they are releasing good software and have some potentially good Hardware coming if the rumors are correct.

You know I haven't even read the link but I figured if this writer is THAT dense then he/she has nothing I want to hear.

%3 of Worlwide marketshare is great. BMW or Mercedes will kill for this.

6. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

Apple's only real problem holding back normal profitability is lack of a real milestone in the Professional line of machines. A lot of professionals are holding onto their older g4's because they are still relatively speedy when compared to the current machines, with only a few extra's bolted on. When the 970 hits, I personally expect Apple to start shipping towers like hotcakes again to the professionals. I know my dual 533 is still a great machine, so I have no reason to really upgrade, but when there is a 970, that is definately reason to upgrade for me.

7. macphoria macrumors 6502a

macphoria

If you think 970 Power Macs are going to sell like hotcakes, then wait till 970 based PowerBooks come out.

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the 970 should make things a lot better...but knowing apple, they will get a boost and inevitably lose the momentum again...but what else is new?? ;)

if richard ramirez, john wayne gacy, and saddam hussein suddnely took over apple inc, us loyalists who buy at least one mac every few years would ensure the company's basic survival

in the end, it comes down to who builds an affordable machine, easy to use, and requires very little maintenance and visists from certified techs and trips to an apple repair business