iPad mini Apple got me... HA HA HA

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jharvey71884, Dec 26, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I got online today to see if my local store (Omaha) had any iPad mini 16gbs in...to my amaze, they did. But after the process of ordering, when I placed the order they said they were out of the.

I quickly hurried and went to see if they had an 32gbs..they did, so I placed my order quickly and got it.

I got too excited. I should have waited. I won't ever use 32gbs.

I stream from Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, read books, and surf the web. I don't buy iTunes movies and don't listen to music unless it's from Pandora.

Really regretting my decision.

2. macrumors 6502a

You will love it and the 32 GB will have better resale value. No need for buyer's remorse - you have 14 days to return it no questions asked and can probably find a 16 GB before then.

3. macrumors G3

You got yourself because you just had to have a Mini.

Order the one you want, and return the one you don't.

4. macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

You won't regret the 32gb iPad Mini. I ended up getting a 32GB iPad 3 & most of the time I never use more than 10-12gb on it. I have had occasions that was glad I went for the 32gb option. I've loaded it up a few times with movies for trips, stored a lot of photos on it for a family event, etc. and was happy to have the extra storage space. resale value is usually a bit higher as well if you plan to upgrade.

5. Guest

So its Apples fault you cant control your need to have a luxury product

Grow up and admit your mistakes

6. thread starter macrumors regular

HA HA HA...you guys need to chill...I said, "HA HA HA" in the title...

I do realize this was my mistake. I was just saying that I had to have the newest apple product.

I can see why so many people get frustrated on this board, you guys are just a little insane and take yourself way too seriously.

7. macrumors 6502

The 32g isn't bad. Extra storage. Worst case keep trying to order the 16 and just return the one you don't want/need

8. Guest

Yes... It's incredibly sad

9. macrumors 6502

Esoom

Enjoy, I really like mine :D

10. macrumors 6502a

32GB seems to be the correct amount. The apps are getting bigger. I think it's a good idea to get 32 now..

11. macrumors 68030

Though the rest of your post didn't reflect that.

This is always the most pervasive issue with any forum: text doesn't convey implied emotion. If you read your post without looking at the title, it seems like you're being quite hard on yourself. I completely understand your point, but anyone who spends a lot of time on the board is going to glance at the title just enough to get the main idea.

12. macrumors 6502

i hate it when they trick you like that, apple should know better . i would cancel the order

13. macrumors regular

Halamire

BRASKA!
    sorry just read omaha, I'm a fellow Nebraskan haha

14. macrumors 6502

biggd

Just cancel ur order bro and head to bestbuy

15. macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

I'd first planned on getting the 16GB, because I thought I could easily get by with that little amount of storage, using Dropbox, SugarSync and iCloud. Used to have a gen 1 iPad 64GB and never, never needed nearly that much space, not even half. In the end with my mini I decided to give myself a bit more room than 16GB and get the 32GB version, and I'm so glad I did. There are so many apps that I've loaded onto the thing, especially games, which can be real space hogs, but they are so worth it, you'll never regret the extra space. At this point I'm having to uninstall some apps and games so I can install new apps from time to time.<yikes!>

I think the storage sweet spot for me will be 64GB, to which I'll upgrade when they release the gen 2 mini in the autumn next year.

Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy it! I've had mine since they launched it and the excitement still hasn't diminished at all and I use it every day.

16. macrumors 6502

I picked up a 16GB mini last week...ideally I'd like a 32GB and was looking to exchange it. Then decided to keep the extra $100, use the 16GB mini till mini 2 comes out, sell and get the 32GB mini 2...the lower the GB the better the resale relative to original retail cost. For example, the 64GB LTE will net the worst resale and biggest loss, the 16GB WiFi the best...

17. macrumors 68020

And people keep saying Apple will discontinue the 16gb models...not gonna happen.

18. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

Fill it with photos.

19. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Man! It is always exciting to see someone post **** I normally would. I could die now and this site would be in no short supply of sarcasm and wit. :D

OP,
    You can return it, no worries.

20. macrumors 68000

Medic311

waiting for the Delaware Apple Store to get the Black/Slate model in 64GB LTE-Verizon in stock. i live 42 highway miles from that store and it's 0% sales tax.

with a civic that gets 38mpg highway, you do the math. it saves me ~$30

i'm also checking Best Buy but for some odd reason they don't seem to allow you to check in-store inventory on their website. very odd...

21. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

32GB is perfect...I had 16GB ipad and there is not enough to add apps I need.
    So far I have 30 apps with only 5GB used. I can use for more videos in the future. :apple:

22. macrumors 6502a

32GB is the perfect size, and I'd love to just see it become the base model capacity for all iDevices.

23. macrumors member

What most people don't realize is that Apple doesn't list the actual capacity you can use. The 16GB will only have like 12-14GB remaining after iOS uses some space. Some day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow- but some day you will regret getting 16GB and want the 32GB. It's happened to me where I got the 8GB iPhone 3G and wanted the 16GB later on- after I got the 16GB iPhone 4 when it was first released I wanted more capacity.

People tend to underestimate their capacity needs and won't know that they needed more when they need it. At home I have a total of 9TB of storage capacity, I don't even know what I fill up the hard drives with but it ended up being that way.