1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple = Green

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by ec51, Nov 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

ec51

Why does Apple continue to make such horrible packaging mistakes?

I received my new Logitech iPod/iPhone clock radio and this is the HUGE box it came in. I actually ordered three separate items and they were all shipped separately, two from the same facility. Why does Apple do this? I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of extra days if it meant everything was shipped together in one box and on one FedEx truck. Come on Apple - tighten up the carbon footprint.

EDIT: Pics taken with my iPhone - haven't seen any posted on the web before, not too shabby.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 65816

dubhe

Was there any packing in the box or was it just rattling around?

I like on Amazon that you have the option to have it all shipped together, I also like their packaging, nice and tight, also reusable :)

3. macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I'm assuming that you ordered from the Apple Store. Otherwise your rant would have nothing to do with Apple. I do think they have done an admirable job on reducing the packaging of their computers. There is still work to be done on other fronts though so to that respect I agree with you.

4. macrumors 65816

dubhe

I think as it was a logitech device it must be from the apple store to be moaning about apple :D

5. macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

The receipt in the box has a big Apple watermark on it, so I would assume it was from the Apple store.

6. macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Apples own stuff is packaged very well, but they just throw things in a box for the online store.

7. macrumors newbie

acee88

no kiddin.. i order a 13" nCase sleeve couple of months ago and it came in this huge box... what a waste.. they could have place it in an envelope.

8. macrumors 6502

ec51

Yes yes yes, it was from the Apple store. The iPod Nano I ordered did come in a somewhat normal sized box, still waiting for the airport express...so I'll have to wait and see about that one.

And yes it did have a bunch of packaging in the box which can be seen in the first picture. A whole lot of it...

And yes I do agree, the new Macbook packaging is amazingly less than my old crackbook.

9. macrumors 6502a

I would say they are doing a pretty good job. I saw a video earlier in the year where Steve Jobs got a new laptop and it came in a manila envelope. :p

10. macrumors 65816

dubhe

I bet you wish you had never started this thread now ;)

I bought a HDD from dabs a few months back and that came in a box the size of a small family car (european not american), anyway that had no packaging, so the HDD just bounced around inside. That was one of the many reasons I returned it, but that's another story...

11. macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

my new apple keyboard came in a box bigger than that.

12. macrumors 6502

ec51

Haa...

"But that's another story altogether...I had to beat them to death with their own shoes..."

Sorry your post reminded me of one of my favorite movies.
    :D