Apple Grilled in Trade Secrets Case

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ericssonboi, Apr 23, 2006.

1. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

Source: http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=20458

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

3. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Basically what they are saying is that Apple can't just sue anyone that reports a leaked information and that in order to identify the leak it should look into its own company and not go after "journalists" in order to find out out the source of a leak.

4. ericssonboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Also..
    Apple was granted the ISP of the sources of who leaked out the information...

However..
    Apple has no right to charge those for posting the leaked information.... That would be violation of the First Amendment...

First amendment is:
    I. Freedom of expression consists of the rights to freedom of speech, press, assembly and to petition the government for a redress of grievances, and the implied rights of association and belief.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And something about emails being private. I guess you can get away with leaking private information regarding an unreleased product if you use email. Why? Because of the 1st Amendment. I think that's idiotic, but again.....the 1st Amendment even protects lawbreakers, apparently. :eek:

But again, maybe I can communicate to others via email about robbing a bank. I'm not allowed to rob banks because it's illegal, but if I was American, then surely I would be protected.