Apple hardware and software design

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Jalexster, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

First, Hardware:

I think Apple should release aluminium versions of it's keyboards, mice, power adaptors, iSights, etc... for thier "Pro" series of computers (PowerMac and PowerBook).

On a similar note, I'd like to see coloured (including white) polycarbonate plastic versions of it's keyboards, mice, power adaptors, iSights, iPods, etc... for thier "Consumer" series of products (iMac and iBook)

Keep the all white design for the eMacs, and thier matching products.

Now, Software:

Apple should load thier "Pro" computers version of OS X with the Pro OS X style for all apps (Smooth Metal and Grey buttons, etc...), and they should load thier "Consumer" computers version of OS X with the Aqua OS X style for everything (Pinstripes, brights coloured buttons, etc...). Do the same for the eMacs, Or load the eMacs with a different style alltogeather.

Or maybe just give the option of which style you'd like when you first turn it on, and set it up. You'd then be able to switch everything with the apperance control panel. This would also make way for intergrated theme customization (No more need for dangerous 3rd party apps that can screw your system up)

Anouther nice thing would be different options for each style, like the ability to switch brushed metal on and off, and the ablity to select how visible the pinstripes are, etc...

What do you all think of these ideas? Yes they are kinda stupid I know...

2. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

Many users (including myself) have been begging for the ability to customize the appearance of the user interface for years now. Apple could shock us by including it in Tiger but somehow I kind of doubt it.

It also seems that Apple has left it up to third parties to produce a variety of accessories that match the style of particular models, as they did with the original iMacs. You would think that keyboards and mice would be pretty basic, though.

3. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was also talking about how it would be nice to have the whole iMac and iBoom range in diferent colours, because even with differenct acessories, you still can't buy a new colour for your computer.

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Read some where that Apple went with a standard interface look for performance reasons I think.

5. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Imho, apple makes the nicest looking laptops & computers.. The other Laptops compared to the sexy Powerbooks & iBooks look fat & ugly.. Everyone I met had this face when he/she saw my PB -> :eek:
    The designs are awesome :cool:

6. Jalexster thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm saying we keep the designs, but change the colours. And give the Pro market aluminium everything (I mean keyboards, mice, power adaptors, etc...). Or maybe just go back to titanium, aluminium is rather weak.

And give us a choice of interfaces on the OS. If the whole system's style could change to the style curently used on the "Pro" apps, people who complain about people licking thier computers can stop complaining.

And sometimes I wish I could turn off brushed metal, and turn on smooth metal, but keep the rest of Aqua. In other words, have individually customizable parts of the interface.