Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KyleC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2004
Dallas, Texas
i purschased my first mac a few days ago, a used ibook 700, it didnt come with the hardware test cd, i have 6 days left to find any problems with it and i want to run this utility.

will my friends Apple Hardware Test cd that came with his G4 powerbook work on my ibook?

is their somewhere i can get this cd?

thanks

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
At least in all the cases I've tried, only the test CD from the same model will work, though that may not always be the case. Can't hurt to try, since I don't know of any other way to get those test CDs.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I would guess that, at the very least, you'd want a Hardware Test CD for a G3. Do you live anywhere near an Apple Store? They probably have one there for your system.

Edit: perhaps this one?

Apple Store
3101 Knox St.
Highland Park, TX 75205
214-520-8532

KyleC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2004
Dallas, Texas
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunatly i am away at college, closest store is 2 hours away, but the good news is that my friend with the g4 got a g3 test cd from one of his friends for me to use.

thanks!!!

jsw said:
I would guess that, at the very least, you'd want a Hardware Test CD for a G3. Do you live anywhere near an Apple Store? They probably have one there for your system.

Edit: perhaps this one?

Apple Store
3101 Knox St.
Highland Park, TX 75205
214-520-8532

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.