Apple Hate, still much stronger then i hoped

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zap2, Mar 19, 2006.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I went to this site, http://argames.proboards82.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1142555695&page=1 (its a site for online reality games) Its pretty fun when you need to kill time

I asked what OS everyone uses, which might be a little out of place for that site, but i guess because it's an online site, and people need an OS to get it, it seemed like a good question.

The first post was a Admin attacking me for posting me OS, because "it will draw hacks to attack my OS" then 3 people bash Macs, with no fact behind it. Then one Mac user come to help me. Then another Mac user says they are no good for home use. Not one person answered my original question there.

One guys post was
    ''Macs have very few uses.. unless your a film or graphics afficianado they're worthless. My roommate has one. I make fun of her constantly. Its fun. Everyone try it! Go out and find a Mac user and make fun of 'em ;)

If I had the patience to install it, though, I'd run Linux over any other OS.''

I guess the world is not as ready for Mac OS X, as i hoped :(

2. jsw123 macrumors member

jsw123

3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I hope they're happy, because ignorance must be bliss.

4. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

<rant>

The majority of Mac bashers just hate them out of ignorance. I don't know what started all the crap, but every person who doesn't know about Macs seems to hate them for no apparent reason. It just really pisses me off how people are so childish about it. I have gotten made fun of for using a Mac. It's like...it's a freaking computer!! Why is the big deal? I have a Mac, you have a PC. I have used PCs, and I don't hate them. You haven't used a Mac, and you hate them. Thy it out for a while for christ sakes!!!

</rant>

PS. The Macs in our school are Dual 1Ghz G4 MDDs, but they don't really work well, so everyone in my school hates them. Someone the other day asked me, "Wait a second, Mac makes newer computers than these?" Good thing I was in a patient mood.

5. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

The link is dead ... :eek:

The admin is true Mac hater/M$ft fanboi for saying that to you.. i thought admin were there to control the board from spamming/insult comments from posters to other posters .. not this :confused:

Me too .. i'd love to rid of the POS OS from gates :eek: :D

sooo true .. the windows' fanbois don't know what there missing :p :p

6. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Just move on. They are only hurting themselves using XP.

7. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

Yes, but some of us don't have a choice as my dad went out and bought a Dell. My mom and I both hate it. But luckily I'm getting a Mac for college :D

8. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Well not everyone is as smart as us :p . But at least you are getting Mac.

9. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

small minded, ignorant...

they would be saying the same thing about windows if the world had stayed with apple instead of going with microsoft. (well.....:D)

its such a shame.

the people i hate the most are the people who dont accept them right from the off, without any basis to their argument. i have many frinds like that, and inow i just ignore computer talking because t always comes down to XP verses OSX and i hate it.

S

10. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Link works fine, I think ignorance is just showing itself on the gaming side. Have to remember that Macs and gaming is a so so proposition at best due to the few games available and Apples history of using weak GPU's in the products they make. Then add the porting process and you can see why these folks know little about Macs.

12. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

13. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

My eyes are still blinded by that fugly forum design. And pics in sigs? Really. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And those admins act like the lowest of lowest on MR. Nice..... :rolleyes:

14. thomasp macrumors 6502a

I've been called "scum" for using a mac before, then when I told the person to justify his reasoning that I am scum based on the computer I use, he said it's because macs look good and Apple are trying to take over the world. He's certainly right about the first thing, but I don't know about the second - we'll just have to wait and see ;)

I know a lot of people who don't like macs just because they either don't have many games (in comparison to windows) available for the OS, or because the OS is different to what they're used to.

15. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

These people are so ignorant. I like the first post that states not to post your OS cause it invites hackers. I almost fell of my chair. But than he goes on how badly Mac's are.

16. unixfool macrumors 6502a

When questions of this nature are asked, you're bound to get a wide range of opinions...you should always be prepared for those opinions that insult your intelligence. There's alot of ignorance out there regarding any OS. People tend to base their opinions on what their friends tell them, what they read (they may not read much), and self-interpretation of what they think may be a good read or oral explanation but probably isn't.

This type of thing happens at least 5 times a day in a certain IRC channel I frequent. You tend to ignore the B.S. after seeing it occur on a regular basis. If you know you like using a certain OS and feel strongly in that reasoning, it shouldn't bother you so much when seeing someone making an uninformed or ignorant OS comment.

Now, I've also seen similar Mac users saying similar things about other OSs. I've also seen some outright blatant attacks from Mac users that seem to think that because a person isn't running a Mac OS, he's basically dumb or has no idea about Mac's OS and variants, nevermind that OSX is basically BSD.

In this day and age, you have to develop thicker skin or risk being offended or upset multiple times in a day.

17. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

^^Ban him please. He's clearly an non-believer. All heretics must burn. :eek: :eek: :D :D :p

18. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

:D

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Don't care if 98% of the world hate macs....i love mines and it has never fail me yet. Go on and let them hate...no skin off my back.

New Fedora core 4 user as well!:)

Bless

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well... people fear the unknown to them.
    fear leads to hate.
    sad facts.

21. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

So, you went trolling about OS X and got negative feedback? Big surprise...

It would be the equivalent of someone registering at a Mac site to say that they love Windows and then "find out" that lots of people think that "Windows sucks" and "Vista is just copying OS X."

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

um, how was he trolling. he didn't say anything like that, was just doing a polling of sorts of that forums OS usage, and its not like it was a Windows forum either. :confused:

23. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

He registered as a new user at a gaming forum (which tend to be heavily frequented by Windows users), and one of his first posts involved asking people about what OS they like, while touting his OS. I would consider that trolling, but everyone has their own definition of trolling.

I have found that new users are often seen as trolls when they post about something that is a little outside the normal discussion area of a forum. I think that it would be a little different if he had more than 4 posts before posting such a message there.

I'm not saying that he did anything bad, but that is how people sometimes perceive things.

24. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

did you read my first post? i was asking what types of OS and computers people use at a online gaming site! I did not attack Windows in anyway on that site!

Its a gaming site that does not have anything to do with GPUs, it people making their own games, like the Mole Big Brother, its more about the mind then the computer your using for the games that site is about. It can be play on any computer with a Chat Client

25. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

I'm just saying that if you are a new user at a site that does not have to do with OS's or OS-X and one of your first posts is about OS's, you may be seen as a bit of a fan boy.

As I said, I don't think that you did anything wrong, but new users are often viewed with a bit of skepticism when their first posts venture a little from the discussion at hand.