Apple Hater

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iGary, May 17, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Editor in Chief: johnhammer@rhinotimes.com :D

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

3. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Funny, if I take his quote above and simply change the word iPod to "Windows" and change Apple to "Microsoft", then this statement would perfectly describe the writer of this sorry excuse of a story. :D

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Windows fanboy and crap scifi writer gets rattled by Apple...

Good. :D

5. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

thought he was talking about *ELL there for a sec. this guy must desperately want traffic at his site, because one thing I know is that when you post ignorant tripe like that on the web, mac users make u pay!

sic 'em boys

6. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Oh, it's so obvious, he wrote that to get some attention.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The man should stick to writing bad science fiction.

Oh, right... he did.

8. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Thanks for posting the whole crapload instead of a link: now we won't give his site any traffic...

As far as what he wrote: Windows lovers are like tea-kettles lately... good. Bastards.

9. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

This from the man who writes the worst populist trash sci-fi on the shelves.

Douglas Adams is spinning in his grave... :mad:

10. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

You're right - he did it for attention.

Its angering though no?

11. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

He must have written this as a result of not getting his finance approved for purchase of a G5, which he had envisaged producing better SciFi strips on.

But alas, he's now stuck with his winbox and the garbage is still flowing.

12. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Where'd that yawn smiley go to after the last Bill Gates FUD thread...?

13. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is not only amazing though, it is quite amusing too. :D

14. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

It would be angering if every single thing he said about Apple wasn't so over the top as to make you laugh out loud instead. With 3-4% market share, Apple has somehow managed to "take over the world." Sounds like the kind of statistics we get from our government these days. ;)

15. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

It's great that we've turned into the truth police of the mac world. ;)

Everyone attack his inbox!

16. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

this guy is an idiot.

why the hell does he even care about apple then if all these other companies make such amazing products. i didnt know plain @$$ black boxes with words on them were better looking than apple products.

stick to your xtra problems and crappy winbox machines. youre not even wanted here. i dont think many people are. too many complain about having to learn a new machine. well how would you like it if everywhere you went, everyone had an apple machine. then you wouldnt feel so unique and cool. haha

my two cents. proud to be an apple kinda guy

17. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

This HAS to be a joke right?
    Aside from anything else, most people I know who are dual-platformers (i.e. use both platforms on a daily basis) say they would take OS X over windows any day.
    I initially felt like going through the thread quote by quote, but then decided it's a waste of time!
    To think I quite like some of his books!
    If anything the quote:
    Applies to him more than any mac Zealot i've ever heard!

18. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

wow.

Aside from the Toshiba laptop, I wish he'd provide examples. MP3 players that are better then the iPod? Where? Oh, and he must have a 61GB MP3 player if his has more space then an iPod. Apple computers must be ugly because they aren't big square boxes with no curves.

Show me a computer that is more beautiful then a quicksilver G4 or any other mac after the B&W G3, and I'll eat my shoes.

19. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

iPod.....Ugly?

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

I CANNOT BELEIVE he said that....words fail me.....not only is he stupid, he's ignorant too..... :D

20. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

To be honest, all the quotes sounded like they come from the days before OS X - which is going back a bit now!

21. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I'm sorry, but I and those who chose the Hugo awards disagree that Ender's Game is "trash." That book is a wonderful piece of literature.

But I agree, I wonder where a man as intelligent as OSC is got the guts (and stupidity) up to write something that vain and inflammatory. Oh well, he's clearly hypnotized by the spinning Windows. :rolleyes:

22. superfunkomatic macrumors regular

one word - denial.

this type of crap shouldn't upset anyone, if you're really that happy being stupid, using silly and stupid products, carry on.

edit: zoinks, just looked at the source of the information, it's not like this person is writing for a "real" publication. maybe i'd value their opinion more if it wasn't written from jerkwater, usa (no disrespect to the real jerkwater, usa) ;)

23. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I liked "Ender's Game" too much to allow this article to flavor my opinion of Card.

It seems that, although he has an admitted love of well-crafted English (see the entire column he wrote), he has no ability to discern or admire well-designed physical products. Practicality is his sole basis for decision making, and, in fact, he can write just as efficiently and more cheaply on a Windows box, so, for him, it works.

Later he writes:
    He ended up buying a Ford 500.

Unless he has a gambling or drug problem, Card is not by an means a poor man. He's just cheap and practical.

As someone who works on Win2K/XP during the day and OS X at night, I can't honestly say that Windows systems are horrible. They work fine. They just have no beauty and no soul. Some people don't care. I do.

24. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not to divert this thread too much... but science fiction as literature? Now don't get me wrong, I've read a lot of the stuff, and like it -- but literature? Let's not kid ourselves -- hardly any science fiction reaches that lofty goal.

25. sethypoo macrumors 68000

What you're saying only applies if you can specifically define literature. I myself feel that literature is whatever each individual makes of it, nothing more. It takes effort to write good sci-fi; to write it off as not being literature is incorrect.