Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today at its "Hey Siri" event, Apple announced a partnership with Hermes to create a special Apple Watch collection called Apple Watch Hermes. The new collection will feature three brand new bands and watch faces. The watch bands will include the Double Tour, Single Tour, and the Cuff.

apple-watch-hermes-800x290.jpg

Uncompromising craftsmanship. Pioneering innovation. Groundbreaking functionality. Apple Watch Hermès is the culmination of a partnership based on parallel thinking, singular vision, and mutual regard. It is a unique timepiece designed with both utility and beauty in mind. With leather straps handmade by Hermès artisans in France and an Hermès watch face reinterpreted by Apple designers in California, Apple Watch Hermès is a product of elegant, artful simplicity -- the ultimate tool for modern life.
The new Apple Watch Hermes collection will come in 10 unique options for customers to choose from, but the individual Hermes bands will not be sold by themselves. The Double Tour band will be available only in 38mm sizes, due to its more feminine look, and come in four different colors. Both 38mm and 42mm customers will be able to choose from the three color options of the Single Tour band, while the larger Cuff style is offered in one single 42mm leather option.

Pricing wise, the Double Tour collection will cost $1,250, the Single Tour will cost $1,100, and the Cuff comes in at the most expensive mid-tier Apple Watch option yet: $1,500. The collection won't be available to purchase online, and will follow the Apple Watch Edition route and will only be available at specific Apple and Hermes retail locations across the country in October.

Article Link: Apple to Partner With Hermes For New Apple Watch Bands and Watch Faces

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
With the announcement of the new Hermes Watch Bands and Watch Faces, will these watch faces be a part of the Watch oS2 or will this only be if you buy a special Hermes Apple Watch? That was not made clear in the introduction.

Reactions: Trius

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Bad news for Rogifan. Imagine that -- Apple promoting skuemorphic watch faces that mimic famous brand watch faces. What's next, round watches? ;-)

912771b45df4ef00f2226a1b027b0f6d.jpg

mrfoof82

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2010
Lawton, OK
All the money will be spent -.-
Pretty much. This is smart. There is no better way to get into the fashion market than partnering with brands that are already incredibly successful in it.

I'm not in the market for an Hermes Apple Watch, but I'll admit the bands look great. The package as a whole will sell incredibly well. Moreover, for Hermes it'll get more people in their stores that otherwise would never set foot in them -- not a ton, but it'll increase their reach.

I'd expect more of these partnerships in the future, because the other luxury fashion brands are not going to want to be left out in the cold.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
That will suck, That is the first set of watch faces that are full screen faces, and our regular SS will get a few gimicky motion ones, that is not cool.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I figured they would be exclusive, but hopefully not.

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
I figured they would be exclusive, but hopefully not.

You betcha. We are talking about brand HERMES here, where you have to wait for 6 months in queue before even able to order their bag. I hope that's not the case for the band.

Personally I am happy with the news, but I am not buying one. Still waiting for LV to jump on board.

ogun7

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2001
I predicted this. The branding of the Apple watch by using "Edition" tipped me off to their co-branding with established fashion houses. I predict Prada or Bulgari next.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I wonder when they will release prices. I do wish Apple would come out with at least one full face watch face like this for the non Hermes watces

zetaplus93

macrumors regular
May 7, 2015
What's interesting is that this is more a Hermes watch than an AW. Branding-wise, Hermes is front and center. Quite a bit different from what Apple has done in the past--have we ever seen another company's brand be promoted as prominently as this Hermes AW?

Wonder if we'll see other similar brands go with this approach in the future.

And great to see the Hermes design be rethought and brought over to the digital age, rather than the tacky homage-y designs on the Huawei watch.

http://www.apple.com/apple-watch-hermes/

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I hope the bands will be sold separately.

Interestingly, the double tour bands are only available in 38 mm.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
And great to see the Hermes design be rethought and brought over to the digital age, rather than the tacky homage-y designs on the Huawei watch.

Interesting opinion, since the Watch version looks just like the mechanical version:

Hermes-DoubleTour-Hero-PRINT.jpg

zetaplus93

macrumors regular
May 7, 2015
Interesting opinion, since the Watch version looks just like the mechanical version:

Hermes-DoubleTour-Hero-PRINT.jpg

I don't think so. The general design was carried over, but parts were rethought:

* The numeric font is different, but seems to be of a similar style in keeping with the overall design. I personally dig it, especially the funky "3". Also note the numeric fonts on the 3 editions are different but similar
* There's a tiny moon phase just below the Hermes logo. Moon Phase complications this small may be difficult to do on mechanicals, but less of a problem with digital
* The date "window" has been moved to be just above the 6 o'clock (placement of date windows used to be restricted by the movement and date disk; 6 o'clock placements are possible, but less common because commonly used movements from the likes of ETA didn't do it so often)
* The date "window" has cutouts so it's not a complete square
* Seconds hand is orange, sorta matching the bracelet color

Last edited:

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
They do? I didn't know that at all, do you have pictures or links of them? I tried searching google for them and they didn't show up.

It's just a yellow/rose gold color option for the second hand, etc.

apple-watch-edition-hero_large.png

I wonder when they will release prices. I do wish Apple would come out with at least one full face watch face like this for the non Hermes watces

Already on Apple's site.

Double Tour $1250
Single Tour starting at $1100
Cuff $1500

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I like them. Are they selling bands separately, do you suppose? Because only selling them with a SS case is a bit of a kick in the teeth to those of us who already own the SS watch.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I like them. Are they selling bands separately, do you suppose? Because only selling them with a SS case is a bit of a kick in the teeth to those of us who already own the SS watch.

It's safe to assume no, considering that the Watch case has the unique Hermes face and "HERMES" engraved on the back. It's supposed to be one of a kind, much like the Edition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.