Apple HiFi on SALE

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Demon, May 3, 2006.

1. Demon macrumors regular

Demon

Not sure if anyone cares about this product anymore, but the Apple HiFi is on sale now for only 299 at Amazon.com.
    check it out: HERE :)

2. wako macrumors 65816

this is no surpise, the damn thing just aint getting off of store shelves because everyone knows its a huge rip off for speakers.

3. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

if they dropped down to about £130 i'd buy some!

4. generik macrumors 601

generik

5. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

It was $349 US

$299 is still too expensive imho.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

$299. is expensive for such an ugly thing. Honestly, I expected something small and classy. This screams old school back of the car bumping with the enclosed speaker box! haha
    I'd pay $100 for it and find a large large large shelf.

7. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I listened to a friend's HiFi last week and I was pretty impressed. I have a Bose SoundDock that I got as a gift, and I'd say that the two are at least comparable, with a slight nod to the HiFi if pressed. Toss in the audio-in part and I'd say that the HiFi is a better purchase than the Bose for sure.

9. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

cuz Bose = crap. sorry to troll, it's just the truth. Invest in some good speakers, don't worry too much about the dock. You can get Swan Divas off Newegg for like $200. The Klipsch 2.1 Promedia is fairly nice, too.

2 speakers > 1, 5 speakers > 2

10. mpw Guest

My only problem with Apples HiFi was the dock location.

I can't stand how it sits on top how it does, I wish they'd put a rebate in the front so the iPod sat flush when docked and couldn't be knocked off. It'd also allow the unit to be placed right under an ACD to create a nice DVD set-up or be used while being moved in DC mode.

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Wow...you learn something new everyday. I had never heard that usage of the word "rebate" before. It was pretty clear from the context what you meant, but that was a new one on me.

I looked it up to find that it's a chiefly British variant of "rabbet," which is the recessed cutout I had assumed from the context. Interesting!

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

i think its worth 299, i mean it has nicer sound and feature then the Bose SoundDock which is 299

I have the Bose Sound Dock and i think it but the battery abilty, Audio In(to support not docking iPods and other things) i would say for 299 the Hi-Fi is worth it

13. munckee macrumors 65816

I think he meant "recess". Rebate is used incorrectly above :eek:

14. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

No, that's what I thought at first, but then I looked it up. "Rebate" is a British form of "rabbet," which is what he meant.