Apple Hires Idiots? Details Inside!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobber205, Apr 27, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2005
    Ok. My mentor in life (I won't say his name) told me a most funny story today.

He went this week to a learning conference in a far away town put on by apple.
    He said there was good things to take from the conference and he got the opportunity to talk in a group of 4 to a lead apple developer. ::eek:

I'm so freakin' jealous. He should have taken me! ;)

There was a workshop on Garageband. All he explained in detail was the difference in microphones and my mentor said he didn't learn anything really useful for newbs.

Then the speaker spoke into one of the phones and got a slight echo from it. He asked the crowd in a child like voice "Can anybody tell me what that is????" Very childish tone of voice from what my mentor said. My mentor said "an echo".

"No... it's called. Can anybody think of the word I'm thinking of? It's starts with an L? Nobody? It's called LATENCY"

My mentor said it was very insulting and it was all he could do not to deck the guy.

I thought apple didn't hire idiots. ;)

Oh well. Maybe someday they might hire a developer like myself. :D
  2. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

Mar 23, 2003
    New England
    Wow, there's hope for me at Apple. I am very capable of being an arrogant, condescending jerk. I think I'll apply now.
  3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    He probably thought that he was funny. Everyone can be funny, until the point where they meet other people who listen to them. :p
  4. iMetroid macrumors member

Apr 25, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Don't care about their personal lives. They can bitch all they want. Just give me a nice operating system. :p