Apple In Ear Headphone replacements.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by thegrandmaster, Feb 14, 2007.

1. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

Hey guys,
    wondering if any of you could help me out. I bought some Apple In Ears last June and since then I had one pair broken. John Lewis gave me another pair when the first set broke, but now the replacements have died also.

I get very little sound from the right earphone, not just because my music has a bias to the left ear, but it does make it more noticeable.

Basically, I need your help to find out how I can get an online replacement for these 'phones. I looked all over the repairs part of the Apple site and tried filling in the iPod repair form, using just about every set of numbers I can find on the 'phones box.

I was wondering if anyone had manage to coax a pair out of Apple, and how you did it online.

Thanks for the help.

2. justbb macrumors newbie

Make sure there is no earwax or other build up inside, it used to happen every once in a while to me, sometimes blocking all sound from the clogged side.

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

If your iPod is still within the warranty period, use the Online Service Assistant:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

I had the earbuds replaced on my iPhone that way. They shipped me a new ones, and I shipped back the old ones. not sure it would be worth it on an iPod though, since I think the warranty is shorter.

Do you have an Apple store nearby? You might have better luck bringing in your iPos and earbuds and having them replace them. If you have your iPod with you, they can get the serial number to check the warranty, etc.

My problem was the same as yours - significantly lower volume in one earbud.