Apple In-Ears - Should/Shouldn't I Buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Peripherals' started by JUiCEJamie, Apr 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

I'm in Oxford St London, and I'm running the London Marathon tomorrow. My usual iPod headphones just won't be good enough...

Should I buy the in-ears?

2. macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

no i would personally buy Klipsch Reference s4i's, great sound, great quality, built in mic/controls, removable ear tips, overall great headphones.

http://www.klipsch.com/reference-S4i-headphones

I upgraded to those from a pair of Shure SE110's. The shures were great headphones too, but i decided to upgrade from them mostly because I've had them for a long time and my pair didn't have an inline mic.

Apple's headphones are absolute junk, I would go with a 3rd party to get the best bang for your buck!

If you want to save a little cash maybe try the Klipsch Image series, I have heard they are great and they are a little cheaper than the Reference series!

3. macrumors 65816

kylera

For the money Apple charges for its in-ears, I would buy a Sony NWZ-252 Walkman as it is cordless and water resistant. This is, however, assuming that there aren't any specific iPod functions you need.

4. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

I got them a couple months ago and they're not exactly the best in-ear earphones I've tried. I'd recommend getting something else. I like my skull candy earphones more which are about a third of the price except they don't have buttons.

5. macrumors 6502

I don't own a pair, but the general consensus is that they are better than you'd expect for who they're made by, but still only okay at best. Good if you want an Apple-branded, balanced sounding headphone, but don't expect the last word in detail, or anything else for that matter.

The S4s are quite bassy, and are probably comparable, maybe a tad better, but still nothing to write home about.

6. macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I wouldn't bother with those. There are much better options out there, one being Denon. Absolutely love the quality of Denon products.