Apple in the real world.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, Feb 20, 2002.

1. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    The only placed I'd ever seen an Apple computer before was on my desk at home, or in ads/tv shows. Never in real life, until last weekend. A few friends and I went into a nearby coffee house to hang out for a while, and lo and behold a college student was sitting alone in a booth typing on his TiBook!! Not only that, but he was jamming to music on an iPod!! It was great, thanks Apple for showing me that your products are actually used in the real world!!
  2. mischief macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2001
    Santa Cruz Ca
    I see Macs a lot.

But my area is VERY pro-Mac.
  3. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    St. Louis

I'm St. Louis, Missouri though, so I hardly ever get to see one, I don't even know where the nearest Apple store is to me, but I'd imagine at least 3-400 miles.
  4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    Macs are around...

I see iMacs often around town....usually in businesses....

I once saw a TiBook at a coffee shop....2 weeks ago I think? :p
  5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    I guess being in a graphic design environment has me spoiled when it comes to being around Macs...

I encourage all the students to get Macs and dispell any myths they might have regarding them. :)
  6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

I don't see a lot of macs in my town because it is small, but the elementary school is filled with indigo iMacs and one of our computer labs in the High School has indigo iMacs. I have seen macs at a few of my friends houses. Although I know a lot of people who use macs but I have not seen them.
  7. iflyguns macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2002
    Guess it just depends on where your jouneys take you. The local newspaper where I live uses Mac's exclusively in their page layout (composing) and advertising departments. Primary software is a program called Multi-Ad Creator.
  8. Taft macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    Macs in Chi-town.

I see a lot of Macs in Chicago. At my last job four other people in the office had Macs (five total out of twenty people isn't bad) and one of them had an iBook. So there were always two Mac laptops in the office (his iBook and my TiBook).

I see them a lot of other places too. Some of them aren't always pleasant sightings however...

I ride the El (train) to work every day. It kind of winds through the city so you go right past a lot of office windows. I've spotted quite a few Macs peeking out of those windows. But right at the Chicago stop, there is a G4 tower in a window, clearly visible to anyone on the train, that is mostly covered by a "Go Pack!" sign. One of the most shameful displays I've ever seen. A truely poor use of a Mac!

Go Bears!!!

9. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Even in my country I see Macs around (even here they are 30% more expensive than in the US).

There is a cybercafe with only iMacs. The iMac is the most popular computer around, you can see them in some stores as a cashier machine. Now there are more PC's of course but for shure there is presence on Apple products down here.

Now, I haven't see the first iBook around... well I saw it once two weeks ago witha friend of mine that is a VJ, he was actually using a Ti and a iBook for VJ's stuff.