Apple included in Time's 80 Days That Changed The World

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by medea, Apr 2, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

March marked the 80th anniversary of the day in 1923 when Time magazine published its first issue. To mark the milestone, it looked over the past eight decades and picked 80 days that changed the world. "April 1, 1976: They were two guys named Steve, so Steve Jobs was called Steve and Steve Wozniak went by Woz. At 25, Wozniak was the technical brains," writes Lev Grossman. "Jobs, 21, was the dreamer with a knack for getting others to dream along with him. They had gone to the same high school, and in the hazy years after graduation -- both were college dropouts -- a shared interest in electronics brought them together. Jobs didn't yet have his own place, so when their formal partnership began, the decision was made in a bedroom at his parents' ranch house in Los Altos, California... Nobody, not even Jobs, saw what was coming next: that Apple would create the look and feel of every desktop in the world and start our love affair with the personal computer."
    http://www.time.com/time/80days/

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I have a request medea. Its really cool that you find all these great apple articles but would it be possible for you to post them in one thread. I mean they are good tidbit stories but they don't usualy provoke much discussion and it doesn't seem like today for instance that your 4 threads about the different Sections are necessary. Perhaps in the future could you jsut put a date and all the news stories in it. I don't mean to be rude but it doesn't seem like everything needs a thread just because.

3. cubist macrumors 68020

I disagree, I like medea's separate-thread-per-article. It's easy to see them when they pop up on the main page, and the discussion centers around the one article. Perhaps the mods could weigh in on this. I've read some really interesting stuff in medea's threads, and I'd like him to keep it up. I don't know how he has time to find all this great stuff tho.:D

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I agree that its fine content but with so few replies and the fact that he seems to post it all at the smae time would it be jsut as easy for you to read the 4/2/02 Apple News Thread. Looking at todays stories he posted them all within 10 minutes so it wouldn't be a big change except that it wouldn't be so cluttered.

5. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Nice article. It's good to see that Apple is on that list.

6. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

look at Woz's belt!! That was in 1976!!! :eek:

i want one!!! ;)

7. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

I'm sorry but I disagree, this has nothing to do with any other article that I've posted, so why would I include it in another thread such as "Apple drops down on Forbes.." or "Final Cut to be used by TV production co.?"
    That makes little if no sense, and I can't help it if people don't reply to my threads.
    At least I'm not making threads about my 1,500 post or the piece of **** I saw in the toilet today..... :rolleyes:

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I"m not saying you don't have good content and that some ppl enjoy reading it. I also agree that it has more class than the poop thread. I made a request hoping you would fufill it because persoanlly ever since you returned from your *vacation* it seems like the general apple tech/discussion is being atleast in my opinion spammed by your news stories in certain sittuations. Typically if the news is that improtant arn has it on the main site. This is all just my opinion but usually when i get home form class i open all of the unread threads and read thru them all. Lately I find myself a bit annyoed when there are like 6 medea news stories that aren't really important news or other sites are reporting it and you've c/p it. Its coming to a point where when i see your avatar I jsut close the window because I etiher already know or I don't care. I know this soudns really rude and closed minded but in the weeks you were gone people typically posted news that had discussion points in this forum and it seems liek your psointg news to jsut post news not spark discussion. You cannot make people reply to your thread but I do think you can condense the days news into one thread (thats a theme in itself everyday newpapers print stories on the frontpage which may have nothing to do with each other). Bottom line i think its borderline annoying but obviosuly you think not. Your call, spam to me, news to others, to each his own I guess. Alright this is all I have to say

the follwoing threads have not been replied to because imo they are flat and trvial news....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23535
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23534
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23464
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23023
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23533

9. mikulashek macrumors member

see its grate that Apple is included in a series of events of historical importance but I dont know how I feel about them being in the league as the wtc disaster, but maybe that is because even though it is of great scientific importance it is now a causal word and field so it doesnt seem so important anymore when in fact it is. great job Apple lets see you mkae more historical headlines. like the 970 that kicks all Pc;s butts.

10. janey macrumors 603

janey

i enjoy reading medea's news stories, even if they are a bit out of date...

11. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

haha well said jane

12. janey macrumors 603

janey

well i remember reading the 80 days that changed the world issue like...a couple weeks ago and it was just obvious that Apple's founding would be one of them...
    no offense or anything but it's nice to read medea's stuff on macrumors...i'd rather read these instead of checking out the political/war discussions.

13. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

Look I don't know why you have such an issue here, but I doubt that anyone will agree with you that my threads are spam, they all have content that fits the description of the category they are placed in. So what if they are meant to inform rather than spark discussion, people don't reply to all of the posts that even arn has on the front page. Just because you find something trivial does not mean that no one will be intrigued by it. All in all I find it hard to belive that you would suggest making one member post all it's information for the day in one single thread.

14. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

your just copying and pasting other article from various sites tho.....its not like your the first person with this news just the first person to start a new thread with it. And the best part about my opinion is that it doesn't matter whether anyone else agress with me...

i've said my peace I don't plan on replying and i started using my ignore list.....OOOh yeah

15. pantagruel macrumors regular

kkwyibo there is nothing wrong with anty thing that medea posts man, who in the entire board does not get their information from another source so of course its copy and paste, the front macrumors page is even full of information from other sites like thinksecret or that french mac site so who cares, I for one do not look at all the dfferent sites for the information, I get it all from here basically so Its good to know tht people are going to post the stuff from everywhere else. chill out man, your going to ignore someone just for posting information>? what are you 12yrs old, why dont you just not pay attention to medeas posts instead of being a dickhead.

16. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

who cares, its just a thread, we could have all been talking about this time article but now we all have argued and spammed the board about people thinking others are spamming. if you dont like its cool j ust leave it be.

iJon