Apple instant savings

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by shadowguy, Apr 18, 2005.

1. shadowguy macrumors member

Hi everyone. This is my first time here. And I am sorry if this is in a wrong forum.

For the past 2 months, I have recieved an email from apple with a $30 off an order over $300. Now, I am looking to get a mini, but I dont want to order it yet if I will get another coupon.

Does anyone know if the coupon is something they do every month?

2. shadowguy thread starter macrumors member

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

1. Calm down. People don't always respond right away. This isn't a chat room, it's a posting forum; there's a difference. And welcome to the forum. :)

2. To answer your query, no, Apple does NOT send out coupons every month. Usually, it's in response to something that you did... for example, you'd get a coupon for registering at the iTMS, or for registering an Apple product such as an iPod or a computer. You're not going to get one just because. (I have received two Apple $30 coupons so far, for the reasons listed above.) So waiting for a coupon to arrive will be rather like waiting for Godot... better to just go ahead and get what you want, and then if you receive another coupon, use it to buy an accessory.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

When I ordered my iPod, I accidentally used an expired $30 off coupon (I had two in my Inbox), and it worked.

5. shadowguy thread starter macrumors member

I doubt that it would work again if you gave me the code, but if you still have it, it can't hurt to try.

6. shadowguy thread starter macrumors member

Well, I went and ordered my Mini. I was getting very impatient for only $30. I have been wanting this for months. Now I have to wait for it to be delivered.

7. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Congrats on your mini purchase. Welcome to the world of macs; you'll find people here are very helpful and interested in whatever questions may come up.

8. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

It wasn't a used coupon, it was an "expired" one, i.e. I used it more than two weeks after getting it. A used one wouldn't work.

9. shadowguy thread starter macrumors member

Well, about 3 days after ordering my Mini guess what comes in the email?

I am guessing this was sent because of my purchase.

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Yup, that's how it works... it expires in two weeks, so if you don't find something you want to buy from the Apple Store, you can come back here and offer the coupon to someone else. I've done that before, and it's good for your karma. :)

11. shadowguy thread starter macrumors member

You think if I bitch enough to apple, that they would give me $30 back from my purchase?