Apple investigates iPod batteries

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Feb 10, 2004.

1. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

idiot lawyers. i remember perfectly well that in my iPod's documentation, they covered their ass-- saying that it may last up to 500 charges/discharges, depending on usage. Apple doesn't screw around when it comes to these things, and i think this lawsuit is entirely baseless. It's not Apple's fault that these consumers did not read the fine print.

paul

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    consumers want a battery that will last forever, that isnt gonna happen just yet.

apple said how long the battery would last, sheesh!!!

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

False advertising? Unfair competition? And wtf is "fraudulent concealment"?

4. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Is the suit about the short life or the lack of staying power out of the box. I've never gotten more than 4 hours out of 2 iPods, one never going over half volume, playing 2-3 hours a day. I just put it in the dock everyday so it hasn't been a problem for me.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yes, i've heard many reports of this, and if this is the case, Apple deserves the suit. If the batteries of a small percentage of iPods are weak when new, Apple is indeed obligated to replace it. California's consumer protection laws are very clear. I don't understand why they didn't address the problem to begin with.

i'm lucky in that my battery usually lasts at least 8, even with my weird usage (skipping around, backlight)... i'd swear it lasts over ten sometimes...

paul