Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sachxn

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2007
India

Can this Keynote of Steve Jobs be viewed live in India..I mean on any TV channel, because I am a big fan of Steve and it happens that I always watch the photos or videos later on.

Sachin

tomd89

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
I don't think that Apple would invite British media to the BBC studios to be told that movie rentals are only going to be available in America. So here's hoping for iTunes to sell movies in the UK, at last!

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
Will we be getting the "spoiler-free" link this year as well? It's worked out wonderfully the past two times, I'm kinda used to going about it this way... :eek:

Yes, the spoiler-free page will be there.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
7" 3G iphone/pda with simultaneous worldwide release.

+

Apple adds 3G capabilities into its new laptop line, with the ability to use your existing iPhone account.

+

Movie rentals

thats my bet/wish

EDIT: actually scrap the idea of 3G in laptops, though its a great idea, I just realized each laptop would have to go through all the international regulations like mobile phones and so take 6 months to reach market. I doubt thats gonna happen, unless they go the way of detachable 3G so it is a separate device.
Like the rumor on front page of Spymac couple of years back that I started when I had too much time on my hands!

Plug iPhone into Mac for (slow) internet coverage everywhere? I really would like that. Could be in the middle of a powercut but still use my PB on the internet :D

tadunne

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2002
Birmingham UK
I don't think that Apple would invite British media to the BBC studios to be told that movie rentals are only going to be available in America. So here's hoping for iTunes to sell movies in the UK, at last!

No, but they might invite the UK media to show off new macs and 3rd party iphone support. We use them over here too. ;)

The link in the UK is probably not just for the UK media but for reports across europe...

It would be nice to have worldwide rentals but going by how slowly the tv service has been rolled out (it's in the UK now but there are not many good shows on there) and the music before I think we'll have a long wait.

trinket

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2005
I wouldn't read into this too much - I have been to one of these events before, and basically it is aimed at encouraging the press to write articles about macworld and drum up business a bit. It doesn't mean Euro focused product releases at all. The events are basically set up to compliment Apple's own ad campaigns and personalise the Apple message by appealing to potential customers - particularly the average home and small business customer via newspaper, radio, TV and other types of publications that are not tech-centric (eg - better homes & gardens and the like). Events like this are held all over the world each year - but more often than not is made available to a small and focused group of tech writers.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
To wait and watch, or not?

So tough this one - every year I decide I will wait and watch the stream "as live" but the thought of missing out on the live action (and general impatience) leave me poring over the live text.

Probably be no change to that this year. :)

gifford

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
Miserable England
To wait and watch, or not?

So tough this one - every year I decide I will wait and watch the stream "as live" but the thought of missing out on the live action (and general impatience) leave me poring over the live text.

Probably be no change to that this year. :)

I always have the same predicament :)

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Or worldwide release of new products that they want to get some free advertisement from the BBC etc.

Apple don't need to encourage the BBC - they are unbelievably pro Apple. Even when Apple release an OS update, 10.5.1 say, the BBC lead with it on the website. The iPhone coverage was ridiculous too, i think the BBC got in trouble with the powers that be for spending so much time on it.

tadunne

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2002
Birmingham UK
Apple don't need to encourage the BBC - they are unbelievably pro Apple. Even when Apple release an OS update, 10.5.1 say, the BBC lead with it on the website. The iPhone coverage was ridiculous too, i think the BBC got in trouble with the powers that be for spending so much time on it.

Well except for the iplayer thing.. Only after lots of moaning do we get a crappy flash only thing.. They should just make a deal to use itunes as a delivery mechanism which is cross platform (not including linux). I think one thing stopping them from using itunes was the lack of expiring content. Maybe now if they upgrade itunes to do rentals they can use it?

ParisParamus

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2007
That would be my question too. Should we be getting over excited about a Euro-centric release or is this just business as usual.

It could "just" mean that there will be big news, and Apple doesn't want to slight Europe; convergence of markets, sort of like the end of months of delay in the release of films to Europe, n'est ce pas?

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
Apple don't need to encourage the BBC - they are unbelievably pro Apple.

Can BBC news video clips be played on Mac or Linux yet, or are they still tied to that Windows-only video system?

I feel like there was a change on this front recently, but I'm too busy and tired to look it up.

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2006

Yeah, but based on today's tech page, they're trying to redress the balance ;)

gifford

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
Miserable England

What on earth are you talking about!!!???
Every story the BBC did for a long time regarding Apple span the company in bad light.
And particularly with the iPhone.
They have had their nose up MSFT's bum for ages, historically very bad mac support, and the whole iPlayer silverlight fiasco was a joke.
I have been quite vocal with my annoyance with BBC on this front and have made official complaints.
Recently they seem to have got better, mass facebook groups and government petitions by annoyed mac users may have finally hit the mark.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Makes sense to me that Apple's announcements are more world wide than ever given the impact of the iPhone and the buzz around Apple products in general. All this means from what I can assess is that Apple is taking it's global reach more seriously and we're in for a killer keynote. I expect great numbers from European sales of iPhones is driving most of this.

I can't wait until next Tuesday!!!!!!!!

!¡ V ¡!

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Since the Euro-Broadcasters are being invited, it leads to one of two or both things, iPhone is getting GSM and iTunes is getting more media spread to Europe.

Without some news that affects Europe, this invite seems useless.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
Does anyone know of the frequency for the Euro-transmission? We could all watch it with our Sky boxes! :D

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
i meant BBC news is pro apple in its reporting. The iPlayer thing is a bit of a mess, i agree, though lets be fair, online delivery of television - *properly* - is still quite a young animal.

The beeb were incredibly biased towards the iPhone! The today program on BBC radio 4 spent about 15 minutes walking through the functions with the presenters, saying how revolutionary it was and all that licky licky stuff. I'm informed that most 'front line' BBC journalists carry iPhones these days :rolleyes:

As for BBCs hardware tech news, i can't remember the last time BBC talked about the LG phone, the Sony Viao updates, the new Intel chips etc

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Last year this keynote was provided as a free download in iTunes. I hope they repeat that this year. They didn't do it with the Developers Conference for some reason.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
i meant BBC news is pro apple in its reporting. The iPlayer thing is a bit of a mess, i agree, though lets be fair, online delivery of television - *properly* - is still quite a young animal.

The beeb were incredibly biased towards the iPhone! The today program on BBC radio 4 spent about 15 minutes walking through the functions with the presenters, saying how revolutionary it was and all that licky licky stuff. I'm informed that most 'front line' BBC journalists carry iPhones these days :rolleyes:

As for BBCs hardware tech news, i can't remember the last time BBC talked about the LG phone, the Sony Viao updates, the new Intel chips etc

The Gadget show on Channel 5 are also very 'pro iPhone' - :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.