Apple Ipad Case flap question

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by tonedef407, Apr 3, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Am I doing something wrong with the flap on the official Apple iPad case. I thought it slipped behind the iPad but then it won't close all the way.

2. macrumors 6502

I have been struggling with this all day. I was about to go back to the apple store just to see how to use this flap.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Nevermind. Guess I didn't have it in all the way

4. macrumors newbie

Take a picture

you mean it doesn't fold back flat? show a picture?

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Lol. Me too. I just really forced it all behind it and that seems to work

6. r0k
    macrumors 68040

r0k

You have to tuck it in tight. The only instructions are on the clear plastic wrap that is on the cover when you take it out of its box.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I just don't think I had forced enough of it in. Seems to be fine now. It's supposed to fold back behind the iPad itself right?

8. macrumors member

Closes all the way for me.

9. macrumors 6502

I don't have one yet but was concerned about it for a while. I have been asking people to confirm this issue.

So you can not fold it flat in the back?

10. macrumors 6502

Can you please post a picture folding it flat in the back?

11. macrumors regular

Mine fits behind the ipad and it closes fine. Make sure you have the ipad pushed all the way in the case.

Kenal0

12. macrumors 65816

wingnut8

[​IMG]

13. thread starter macrumors regular

[​IMG]

This is how mine looks now.

14. macrumors 65816

wingnut8

This case worries me when in landscape mode standing up. Seems like it might fall forward.

15. macrumors 6502

Can some one confirm if it is warm or hot when it is in the case?

16. macrumors regular

i dont have the case yet but I played around with it for an hour straight and it didnt get warm so I imagine it wouldnt get warm in the case.

17. macrumors 6502

Mine has been in the case all day and it is at 2% battery as I type this so it has gotten a ton of use as I try out all the things the iPad can do. My MacBook would be cooking my thighs at the moment but the iPad is just barely warm. And I'm typing this response with the iPad too. And when I say barely warm I mean I would recommend it to you a thousand times over. I'll shoot my first born if an iPad died due to overheating cause of the case cause I don't see that happening. I don't even feel it I only felt it cause I checked it out cause of your question.

18. macrumors 6502

I put it in the box and use it for 30 munites and it was warm. I was worried because heat can shorten battery life. it is cold while holding it though.

19. macrumors newbie

Suggested...

so are you guys all saying that you suggest getting the Apple iPad case over other cases...is it that good? what about the toppling factor someone else mentioned?

20. macrumors 68040

I'm sure there will be better cases eventually, but of the ones immediately available today, the Apple one seems to be one of the best (the only?) of this style. It's nicer than I thought it would be, although I find that it's easier to hold it without a case when I'm lying around on the couch or whatever.

21. macrumors regular

Thanks god for the interweb. I had mine flapping in then wind, and itnwould have stayed that way had I not seen this thread.

22. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Doesn't fall flat on it's face. At least mine hasn't. The case seems to be made of a rubber material and the "pad" part that is holding it up seems rigid enough.

23. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I've been using it all day long in the case (since 9:45 this am) and the iPad feels room temperature. My phone gets warmer than this thing!

24. macrumors 6502

Thanks guys... My flap was hanging loose until I read this post. That could have been so embarrassing if I'd went out in public like that :)

25. macrumors newbie

I had the same "flap anxiety" -- but it does, with a little bit of effort, tuck behind the device itself, and then it's pretty neat.

To those considering the Apple case, I would say the following...

When you see it without an iPad in it, it looks kinds of flimsy. So much so that I bought both it and the bulkier InCase equivalent. The latter is nice, and well made. But it is very bulky. The Apple one grew on me when I got home, and I went for it and returned the other. It is rather sturdier when it has an iPad inside it. And then its light weight becomes an asset.

So I'm pleased with the case. Those wanting more padding, etc., should look elsewhere. I should add, though, that I'm not much of a "case person" in general -- I don't use one with my iPhone. But I think that Apple's iPad case (and some third party equivalents) deliver functionality by propping the unit up.