Apple iPAD case MIA, Are they made from Unicorn leather?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by hugodrax, May 3, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2007
    Even on the Apple site it has 2-3 weeks before shipping. What the heck are those cases made out of? Unicorn leather?

Any idea why they are MIA.

Would I be able to find a decent case if I go to the Apple store, something book like?
  2. macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I ordered the Apple case online and was resigned to waiting another two weeks. I went by the Apple store this afternoon to pick up the VGA adapter and was surprised to see a few Apple cases and the camera connection kit. The got them in this morning and didn't have more than 5 or 10 out for sale.
  3. macrumors 68030

Apr 9, 2010
    unicorn leather... LOL

I think that Apple and other companies severely underestimated how many iPad owners would be interested in cases... in particular, folio cases.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2008
    i walked into the Fort Worth apple store (which was packed btw) yesterday and walked right over to the cases and there was a whole shelf full. Was in and out with one in less than 5 minutes.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Mar 23, 2006
    Central, Illinois
    There are plenty of them on eBay if you want to pay upwards of $75.00 PLUS SHIPPING :mad: for one. I too am waiting for my back-ordered case to arrive from Apple.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    If you call your local apple stores every day, it shouldn't be too hard to find one after a few days.