Apple iPhone to be Released on June 11th?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by sportsfanMAW, Mar 29, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors regular

Me, too

Yeah, I just read this a few minutes ago. I probably won't get the first generation (just got a 8525 - it's pretty sweet and plenty for now), but I can't wait to see it/play with it. Nice to have a date to (hopefully) hang our hat on.

3. macrumors P6

twoodcc

4. macrumors 68020

Wild-Bill

I certainly hope :apple: doesn't wait to update their entire product line on that date. I have been waiting for a Mac Pro update since December. If they were smart, they would introduce the new lines/updates separately from the iPhone.

5. macrumors 6502

MacbookSwitcher

Good link.

I can't wait to get my hands on one. The good thing is, it will be easy for me to play around with one without buying it.

6. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Although the date does make sense, their source is a customer service manager at Cingular. Are we to believe that Cingular employees know the release date of an Apple product before the Apple employees?

7. macrumors 6502

MacbookSwitcher

Good point. I can tell you firsthand that no one knows two months prior to release, what the exact release date of a phone will be, as it can change day-to-day based on issues found during carrier certification.

8. macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Perhaps I'm grasping at straws, but could there be any significance in the fact it's being released at WWDC?

How often do they release products at the developer conference that are closed to 3rd party developers? Was any iPod ever announced there?

9. macrumors 603

netdog

Wonder what our date will be. Wonder who will even be the provider.

10. Retired

psychofreak

Last WWDC came the 5.5G iPod...

11. macrumors member

Does Jobs usually speak on the first day of the conference? Or at the end of it?

I'm sure he'd be the one to annouce 'Go out and buy it now'.

12. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple iPhone to be Released on June 11th?

[​IMG]

CNet's Gadgest Blog claims that Cingular has confirmed the release date of the Apple iPhone.

While Cingular Customer Service is not likely the best source of inside-Apple information, the date does correspond with the start of Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference.

Apple has officially stated that the iPhone will be released in "June 2007".

13. macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Thanks.

Ah well, there's that theory out the window.

14. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I don't think it's totally inconceivable that a Cingular CS employee would know an exact date. I mean, it's not as though the "Apple secrecy" applies anymore, since they've already announced June. Surely Cingular knows exactly when they'll be able to start selling these things, since there's a lot that Cingular has to do to prepare for its release as well.

I think the date is given even more credential if the CS employee pulled June 11 without being particularly aware of any Apple event.. too much of a coincidence for him to have said June 11 and that just happens to also be the first day of an Apple conference..

15. macrumors regular

mrrory

I want one! Please! It's not too much to ask... I've spent so much money with Apple over the years, this would be a great reward for loyalty...

16. macrumors 6502

Oh thank Heaven for 6Eleven!

bah! That just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Seriously, this makes a lot of sense. I think Steve-o would want the largest audience for this event, and he won't have a bigger one until January '08. This is easy.

17. macrumors newbie

cannonball

18. macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Interesting, but 1. Why would a (low level) cingular rep have access to the release date of an apple product?

2. Why release on a Thursday? Everything else goes out on Tuesdays. (I loves me some Apple Tuesdays)

19. macrumors member

June 11th is on a Monday. And I'll be the first in line.

20. macrumors 68040

mattscott306

So looking at October 11th on my calandar isn't the same as June 11? (oops)

Still, why release on a monday then?

21. macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Hey thats my birthday. That would be a pretty nice present.

22. macrumors 65816

amac4me

I'll wait for the announcement from Apple but my hunch is that the release will happen on June 21, the first day of WWDC 2007

23. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

We already had a thread goin' about this....

lol

24. macrumors member

My guess is because it's the first day of WWDC. I'm betting that Jobs will want to announce the release, but does he speak on the first day of the conference?

But yeah, I too love me some Apple Tuesdays :)

The first day is the 11th.

25. macrumors 68020

Erasmus

Nnnooooo!!!

Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad!

SJ's WWDC2007 keynote shall be based on new iMacs, Macbook Pros, Leopard and iLife '07, not iPods, :apple:TVs, and especially not iPhones. SJ would just stand up there and blab on about how great the iPhone is, and not actually release any new products that we haven't already heard about!

Please, Stevie J, keep your WWDC keynote focussed on my next notebook, not on some cool phone that I won't be able to get my hands on for another year.

PS. I thought it was the 11th, but whatever. I Want My SR MBP!