Apple iPhoto Book Customer Service

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by XIII, Dec 24, 2005.

1. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

I ordered an iPhoto book on the 18th (I think) to give to someone as a Christmas present. The site quoted me 3-4 business days, + next day shipping.

This morning I received this email:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent book order. We are working hard to ship your order as soon as possible but holiday volumes have exceeded our expectations. As a result, book orders are now taking 7 to 10 business days to process before shipment. You should expect your order to arrive by the 3rd of January.

We apologise for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused and would like to attempt to make it up to you.

We've upgraded the shipping method on your order to the fastest delivery option available, usually next-day air, at no cost to you.

In addition, Apple will be refunding you for the full amount of your order. Please note that your credit card will be charged at the time your order is shipped and credited shortly thereafter.

We would also like to offer you a £25 credit to be applied towards your next book purchase. An e-mail with the details on how to take advantage of this credit will be sent to you in early February.

Again, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

Sincerely,

Apple Print Products Customer Service"

Wow! Ok, I miss the book to give as a Christmas present. But I get it free, next day delivery, and £25 for other books! THAT is customer service.

2. ghostee macrumors 6502

That is really good service. I ordered one in early December, and upon checking the website 2 weeks later wondering where my book was, I find the order status as "Cancelled". So I sent an e-mail through the customer service form asking them why, and havn't heard back yet. That was about a week ago. :rolleyes:

3. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

Meh, that sucks. Ask for next day air delivery, the book free, and £25 credit.. ;)

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Not bad, although annoying if you've nothing else for the person to open.

I'm astonished that the iPhoto books were still available for order on 18th for delivery before Christmas since the quickest turnaround I've had in the UK is 10 days.

5. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

Seemed odd. They assured me it would be here in time for Christmas.

As the person I am giving it to lives in CA, I won't be there anyway.. I have explained to her that it will be fashionably late. :)