Apple iPod: Ad Breakdown

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Dec 16, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

rinky dink link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3321943.stm

full article below....

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Erm, nifty? Yeah, that's it, that's a nifty article ;)

3. pinks macrumors regular

good article

This is a really interesting article. Significantly, it is one of four main stories that the BBC website is running directly relating to Apple, all being very positive in tone and content.

There does seem to be a real buzz around Apple, and particularly the iPod, at the moment. Long may it continue.

Al

4. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I was listening to my local radio station this morning, and they were doing a gadget round-up for holiday shoppers. My alarm had gone off just in time to hear the guy's two "favorite" MP3 players: some 64 MB flash jobbie and the Archos. I felt like calling them up and giving props to the iPod--if it weren't for the fact that I was half-asleep and would have sounded like the Apple lunatic I am.

Seems like the Wintel side's propaganda machine is working too.

5. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

Re: Apple iPod: Ad Breakdown

that's it in a nutshell. i've been trying to articulate to some people exactly why the iPod campaign, although nearly ubiquitous, hasn't suffered from overexposure. simply put: it's got presence, but in the back of your mind -- not in your face.

somewhere else on these forums, the iPod ads were compared to the teletubbies, and i think there's something to that. bright colors, simple shapes... it's a wonder infants worldwide aren't clamoring for iPods. thank god they're nicotine-free.

6. alset macrumors 65816

alset

According to US magazine Advertising Age, the Apple publicity machine has secured 6,000 iPod and iTunes stories in major publications worldwide.

Amazing! I know if shows up all over the place, but this blows me away.

Dan