Apple is a bunch of A-Holes

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jimsowden, Oct 26, 2004.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Well, more specifically the people in charge of the online store. Today they started their new style of store, and at first they had customer definable ratings. That was quickly pulled, and they started giving their own ratings to things. Why?
    This may just relate to their own products, but i mean Jeez!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Um... what? What are you talking about? Ratings? By Apple? I don't see anything like that. Where would I look?

And why are you mad because they don't let people rate their products? Who does? Dell? :rolleyes:

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

4. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

If they are going to impliment a rating system, it shoudn't be them rating their own stuff.

Thats just stupid. Amazon has customer ratings for everything, and apple usually steals store things from them. Look in the ipod store.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I have never seen, anywhere, any store which lets people rate products which that store's company makes.

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Haha... I think it's pretty funny, actually. You can be this ego-centric if you have the goods to back it up, which Apple surely does.

Lee Tom

8. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I agree, i think it is just a little bit of humor, i would be if i had to write all that stuff..

9. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

haha i don't think it's serious because i don't see any "apples" on the apple products but i do see it on the thrid party products.

honestly i think that this is just a joke for people who are reading these things.....

i could be wrong though.... :eek:

10. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

I agree with some of the posts above; I reckon it's funny.

I don't even think it's egotistical; Apple make great products, so why shouldn't they rate them at 5 stars! :)

andy.

11. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Steal things from Amazon? WTF you talking about? They are probably the best Amazon stupid patents customer with that 1click pos... Every time I look at this, I cant believe that someone allowed it to be patented...

12. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Ha ha. Its pretty funny. I have been browsing through stuff at the apple store, and it said "Apple rating" on the apple iPod mini dock, and it was 5 apples... :p

13. Furrybeagle macrumors 6502

Furrybeagle

It's like those Dell magazines that they send you in the mail. When showing a grid of what each product can do, they use the terms, good, better, or best. Of course, in the Dell brochure, they're trying to be serious. I think the Apple Rating thing is just trying to be a little funny.

14. jimsowden thread starter macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Yes, apple does take from Amazon. Amazon was the first with one click, which is a convenient way for people to not feel like they are spending money, and also now the customer ratings. Amazon lets everyone rate anything. It is just weird apple would start such a thing, have it apply to their own products and then not let people submit for it. It is kinda funny, an I am a fan of a-holic humor, but it just isn't what i've come to expect from apple.

15. James L macrumors 6502a

Does anybody else think there are better things to get uptight about?

Besides... it is kinda funny when ya think about it! What would be funnier would be if Apple rated some of thier items in the "don't buy, these suck" category!

:D

16. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

It's humor! You know? "Ha ha"? C'mon... taking things a bit too seriously, methinks! :p

17. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I say lighten up... I never saw an ability to rate things on the apple site, aside from 3rd party products.

Hehe...that is kinda funny.